Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed my order two weeks ago and would really like to go through the owners manual before the Tig
arrives - so I have plenty of time !!!!

I have followed links to access a PDF copy of the owners manual which have been posted on this site but come to a dead end. I would appreciate your help/advice.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Unfortunately I've drawn a blank on this too as it appears PDFs are not provided by VW.

You have to go through their site and access an online manual(quite difficult to read) by entering VIN number or a registration number of your vehicle.

I know it was wrong but I just used a registration I got from watching a review video or reading a review with photos 😂😂

Would however prefer a PDF and likely to order a hard copy from dealer as like hard copy of this sort of thing. Anyone know how much they are?

Model will be SEL. 2.0 TDI 150 DSG with addition of Rear camera/park assist.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you view the document in the browser. You can print but select the PDF option at the print settings and then save as a PDF . This was what I used on Safari on my Mac. Now have PDF of Manual for car and another for Media system on my iPad

·
Registered
627 Posts
Thanks - will try that.

I assume they are adapted for model specific with details of addons where you have them if they are asking for your personal number plate / chassis or are they just generic manuals that you have access to and have to think, actually I don't have that feature...?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mine was just generic

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
A generic manual, the chassis/reg number is an attempt to stop web crawlers capturing their proprietary information.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Cheers - have downloaded a PDF of the manual for Tiguan and the Discover (non Pro) manual too - some light reading to email across to my kindle :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just downloaded a pre delivery copy of the manual now I've got my VIN number.... Like all these things, I'm sure it'll be a lot simpler to work things out in practice, but man, there's a lot to learn when you see it all written out !

G

·
I find modern car(and bike)manual almost unreadable because of all the safety warnings. My Golf manual even had a warning about driving with feet out of the window!!?!?

Also in this day and age you would have thought a pdf manual specific to your car and specification would be easy to provide.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts