Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I will start by saying I'm OCD, but wanted to know if I'm just looking to hard or whether this is unacceptable.

If I look at where the rear bumper meets the metal bodywork either side of the car just above the wheel arch on the flat bit the alignment of the panels is not 100% perfect on one side, it's not terrible but if I run my finger over it you can feel one is higher than the other.

Also if I look very closely at the boot it looks like it closes about 2mm deeper on the left than the right.

I showed the wife and she told me get a life and pointed out it's a Volkswagen we have bought and not a Ferrari!

Views appreciated?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
On my SEL the plastic trim on the lower part of the doors has big gaps and looks odd. The plastic trim along the edges of the windscreen is flimsy and creaks if you lean on it. I understand how you feel when you look at these things, but it's a mass produced vehicle and its still pretty good compared to some other makes

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nowhere near my car to check, but normally there are two adjustable rubber bumpers on the tailgate. One in, one out?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Could be your car got a small amount damage during its trip to the dealer lots do?
And when they don't make the corner they sell the new damaged cars off
http://www.s-w-s.co.uk/stock_details.asp?Id=12903&ImgNo=1
It's possible a small reseat of the bumper/ panels will do the job but I would not advise trying the job unless you know what your doing

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hmmm I know the feeling. I have to say, my car arrived pretty much perfect, except for the rear number plate that the dealer put on.. like 3mm out of alignment. The drilled holes are in the wrong place.. So far, with my OCD I have wasted (invested) about 4 hours trying to straighten it.. have it down to 1mm out now but still not happy!

From personal experience I would say the reason you are asking the question is because it keeps eating away at you.. therefore only two options .. 1. get to the point of not caring quick. 2. Take it back to the garage, ignore the fact they are going to look at you like you are crazy, and get it fixed.

Good luck 😉

·
Registered
135 Posts
Johnny5UK said:
Hi all,

I will start by saying I'm OCD, but wanted to know if I'm just looking to hard or whether this is unacceptable.

If I look at where the rear bumper meets the metal bodywork either side of the car just above the wheel arch on the flat bit the alignment of the panels is not 100% perfect on one side, it's not terrible but if I run my finger over it you can feel one is higher than the other.

Also if I look very closely at the boot it looks like it closes about 2mm deeper on the left than the right.

I showed the wife and she told me get a life and pointed out it's a Volkswagen we have bought and not a Ferrari!

Views appreciated?
Exactly the same issue with mine mate, noticed and back to dealership for rear alignment which was done to my satisfaction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.