Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if the windows and or roof auto close when raining.....this worked on my Skoda superb elegance estate
my11 .
Also when locking vehicle holding down the lock button on the key the windows close but not the sun roof is this a fault?

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Hi Alan, can only speak for the SEL, but I tried the windows convenience locking on mine, and yes, the windows all close either by use of the key or the door button, but the sunroof did NOT close. So I'm a bit confused, as the manual definately states that the roof would close as well :?: .
Also I could not find any mention of the doors and roof auto-closing when it rains, in fact it warns in the manual about the interior getting wet if the they are left open. So I would imagine that this is not an included feature........shame, since I''d have liked that one :( .

Steve

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm sure this had to be coded using Vag-Com for the golf vii which probably uses a similar system if the not the same as the Tig. Definitely the auto rain closing for windows not sure if it worked on the sunroof also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have an SEL and my sunroof does not close through the convenience button and yes it does say it should do in the manual. I have the dealer finding out from Volkswagen why not. Will post the result.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
have the same problem....no joy at the dealer.....would be interested in your progress with this....as you correctly noted it does mention it in the manual
also surprised that there is not auto closing of the windows when raining...my skoda superb had this and it worked flawlessly.......the sensors are present so why not on the Tiguan....good luck

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tom105 said:
Have an SEL and my sunroof does not close through the convenience button and yes it does say it should do in the manual. I have the dealer finding out from Volkswagen why not. Will post the result.
Any news on the above Tom

·
Registered
133 Posts
Guys - not sure if this is related - but yesterday I had the windows down - got out of the car and I was farting about with my keyfob whilst talking to a mate - upshot as I kept my thumb on the lock button for about 15 seconds and the windows shut and the car locked itself.

Will experiment today with the windows down and sunroof open and let you know.

As for rain sensing.....hmmm - not willing to test that one with a hosepipe I am afraid....

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Terrier1964 said:
Guys - not sure if this is related - but yesterday I had the windows down - got out of the car and I was farting about with my keyfob whilst talking to a mate - upshot as I kept my thumb on the lock button for about 15 seconds and the windows shut and the car locked itself.

Will experiment today with the windows down and sunroof open and let you know.

As for rain sensing.....hmmm - not willing to test that one with a hosepipe I am afraid....
Hi Terrier1964, what you experienced is normal. Also, when the car is locked, you can hold down the open button, and all 4 windows will open.
If you have "keyless" then the door buttons do the same things.

If you don't want this to happen, you can turn off "convenience opening" in the car setup.

Steve

G

·
Windows going up or down from the fob is a standard function, what the OP is asking is if the windows or sunroof are open and it rains will they go up automatically.

Answer is NO, not standard but can be coded via VCDS but one issue is the latest 09 module Rosstech don't have the security code to alter the adaptation.

I have looked at this on my SE NAV, half coded but won't work until the 09 module is updated. The MK2 platform is pretty new to RT and there is some catching up to be done to get access to all the modules.

I think VAG for safety have removed the function of an autoclosing sunroof (other info available on other threads)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I know this is firing up an old thread but with the amazingly almost summer like weather today I tried locking the car using the fob, as I have on previous VAG models, windows close and doors lock and as mentioned in this thread earlier no roof closing. Is this still an issue with more recent models and did anyone ever get a reply from VW, if not I'll make some enquries at the dealers.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I think I may have found the answer on another forum:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/does-convenience-closing-close-glass-roof-117643-3.html

When I picked up my Tiguan from the dealer, the salesperson mentioned that the convenience closing won't close the sunroof. She mentioned an issue with the Passat where it didn't meet safety requirements, and since then it has been disabled for all VWs.
Appreciate that this is not UK, but I wonder if it was a worldwide decision currently.

G

·
Another factor is that you may actually want to leave roof open but not the windows. If it operated with convenience closing you would not be able to leave it open/partially open unless you shut the windows then opened the roof. Personally I would prefer it if it did convenience close - all too easy (for me)to leave it open unintentionally....

·
Registered
953 Posts
But if your driving down the road you know it's raining and can close the roof and if your parked up surly if the ignitions off the sensor won't pick up the rain and you have a risk of some tyke climbing in?

1 - 20 of 92 Posts