Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the people who now have ownership of their Tigs........ How are you getting on with 'Park Assist' :?: :) Is it good :?: :?:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Stumpy,

I tried it the other day, very strange letting the car steer! I worry about the alloys being kerbed but I suppose the Tig knows that :)
It is good but not sure how much I will use it.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lt13624 said:
Hi Stumpy,

I tried it the other day, very strange letting the car steer! I worry about the alloys being kerbed but I suppose the Tig knows that :)
It is good but not sure how much I will use it.
Thanks 'It13624'... :D my exact thoughts...will be interesting as I don't want the wife to say, it wasn't my fault :lol:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Stumpy
I have tried the park assist a few times, to be honest too much of a faff around. I got it mainly for my Mrs to help her park, but she doesn't like it either, she would rather drive a few yards more to a more convenient space as it takes too long. One downfall has already been mentioned elsewhere in the forum, the rear camera is exposed to the weather all the time, and after driving in the rain, it makes it impossible to see from, needs hidden or its own wiper LOL. (or get the Mrs to go out and wipe it)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
paperman said:
Hi Stumpy
I have tried the park assist a few times, to be honest too much of a faff around. I got it mainly for my Mrs to help her park, but she doesn't like it either, she would rather drive a few yards more to a more convenient space as it takes too long. One downfall has already been mentioned elsewhere in the forum, the rear camera is exposed to the weather all the time, and after driving in the rain, it makes it impossible to see from, needs hidden or its own wiper LOL. (or get the Mrs to go out and wipe it)
Thanks for the reply 'paperman'.....I will have her indoors to get out to wipe then :lol: This should be fun ;) :lol:

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I've used it a few times, and I found it can be a bit hit and miss with regard to the distance you end up from the kerb. I had it on my Golf as well and didn't use it to park much either.
Where I do find it useful sometimes is getting out of a tight space when you find yourself hemmed in by a couple of morons front and back who aren't very 'spatially aware' ;)

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts