Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I noticed the Passenger mirror no longer lowers in reverse. I followed the settings in the manual on page 138 but still no joy. The mirror selector is set to L and "Lower when reversing" is selected in Mirrors and wipers menu. The passenger mirror can be moved manually without out any problem.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Have you adjusted it to the setting you want whilst in reverse. Then when you drive away it should return to its original position before you lowered it. It should be then set for next time in reverse.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dolphinfriendly1012 said:
Have you adjusted it to the setting you want whilst in reverse. Then when you drive away it should return to its original position before you lowered it. It should be then set for next time in reverse.
Yes I tried that but the mirror does not move when I drive away and it has to be manually moved up.

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,585 Posts
You may well need to reprogramme it.
This is from the manual to save you looking it up.

Storing front passenger exterior mirror settings for reversing
• Switch on the electronic parking brake.
• Put the gearbox into neutral.
• Switch on the ignition.
• Press the appropriate memory button.
• Select reverse gear.
• Adjust the exterior mirror on the front passenger side so that you have a good view of the kerb area.
• The settings for the mirror position will be saved automatically and assigned to the vehicle key that is used to unlock the vehicle.

Steve

Edit: I notice you said you'd tried reprogramming, but it can't hurt to give it another go.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replys.

Tried the reprogramming the other key but no joy. I know the mirror used to dim with both keys before. Looks like a trip to the dealers.

Steve I tried your method as it was slightly different to the manual but the car cannot be put in neutral until the ignition is on first.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Have you checked on the infotainment car settings that you haven't accidentally deselected that option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Andy,

It is selected in the settings. I deselected it and selected it several times but makes no difference.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you have a right hand drive car, then toggle the mirror adjusting switch to the left mirror and keep it there. The mirror should lower while you select reverse.
The opposite applies if you have a left hand drive car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
With the mirror switch moved to L, mine dips on selecting reverse. Then stays there when driving off. Only corrects itself if I move the mirror switch. :(

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,585 Posts
KJ4x4 said:
With the mirror switch moved to L, mine dips on selecting reverse. Then stays there when driving off. Only corrects itself if I move the mirror switch. :(
It will remain dipped until you reach approx 15mph, when it should return automatically.
Same goes for automatic door locking (if you've set it), that takes place as well at around 15mph.

Steve

·
Registered
610 Posts
Had this do to me last week just out of the blue, but it all worked ok again once I re set it. Once you do the reset lock the car leave for 5 minutes then do a drive before trying it again :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts