Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never bought a car new through PCP, but just had PCP contract emailed to me to sign, for my new Tig, which was supposed to have been built just over a week ago. I'm abroad, so can't check if it's arrived at dealer, but suspect not. Got an email from VW saying left factory 31st May.

PCP contract shows VIN, reg number, and checking DVLA website, shows it was taxed on 1st June.

Is it standard VW PCP practice, to do all this without consulting customer?? I know in theory they own the car at moment, but I'm seriously pi##ed off.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I signed my PCP at the point of handover. There was no choice of reg, already allocated before pick up day so I could get the car insured and the V5 shows the date of first reg as the day I picked it up. Haven't checked when it was taxed but I do know I got 12 months and an odd number of days - more days than there were between pick up and the end of the month so maybe they are able to arrange the tax in advance.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Reading back through your post I would try live chat to see where the car actually is. Not impossible that it is with dealer but unlikely if only built on the 31st. Maybe dealer can do it all in advance with VIN number but I wouldn't sign for the finance until I'd seen the car.

·
Registered
953 Posts
The dealership can tax I think with a 13 month tax or very near that amount, I would not let that worry you, but I don't think I'd sign unseen albeit it's most lickly all OK, just what get over your temper and enjoy your new toy as soon as you get home, I think you'll forget this episode very fast :p

·
Registered
514 Posts
sistig said:
I signed my PCP at the point of handover.
We got ours on PCP and the dealer insisted we came in a few days before collection to sign. I checked on another forum and was told this is perfectly normal as final approval and transfer of funds to the dealer can sometimes take a while - like hours.

I was going to Withdraw from the PCP and strictly this has to be done within 14days of signing and I believe some dealers try and get people to sign more than 2 weeks in advance to stop this from happening.

Our car's registration date was the date we collected it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes, I signed the paperwork yesterday and I'm collecting the car today. I made sure I had a look at the car before signing though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts