Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Wonder if you can help?
On reading the owners manual I found a bit which explains that you can set personalisations. Trouble is, when when you go to Menu > Vehicle > and Settings...I don't have the option thats outlined in the manual.

Anyone got this option?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
I do. I can select which drive profile to use after starting the car using the steering wheel up / down arrows and picking the right option on the dashboard, or pressing Car (button on the dash) > Settings > Personalisation (3rd option on mine).

It saves driving preferences and radio stations which is very useful.

I didn't do anything to enable it - actually found the option by accident when I bought the car last week - and I believe it's standard so you should have it!
 

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
Joined
·
3,584 Posts
Breezer, I think you may be getting confused between 'Personalisation' and 'Driver Profile Modes'. They are different beasts.
Driver Profile Modes enable different driving styles to be used such as Eco, Normal and Sport, whereas Personalisation allows you to set up to 4 personal sets of settings such as radio, electric seats, external mirrors etc., which can be allocated to separate keys.
So for instance if you and your wife both drive the car, then using separate keys the car will remember your individual settings as above, and set them automatically.
The link to the thread you've quoted suggests that Driver Profile Modes are not available on 2wd models, which I believe may be the case.

I can see no reason why leethal82 can't get personalisation to work. Perhaps someone else has a suggestion?

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
485 Posts
Ahhhhh! :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lordjik said:
I do. I can select which drive profile to use after starting the car using the steering wheel up / down arrows and picking the right option on the dashboard, or pressing Car (button on the dash) > Settings > Personalisation (3rd option on mine).

It saves driving preferences and radio stations which is very useful.

I didn't do anything to enable it - actually found the option by accident when I bought the car last week - and I believe it's standard so you should have it!
Going by your signature it looks like you might have it cause you have the R-Line. Perhaps it's not a feature in the SE Nav Trim level.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
I've just tried to find this option, but it's not listed..? And I have an R-line...? Very strange? Is there something I need to activate..? Perhaps I need to use the second key as I've only been using one key..?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Did anyone ever get an answer on setting this up on each individual keys?

I don't seem to have this option either and would like to set it up differently for each key (however looking at the keys, they originally had sticker on each and both had the number 1 on it - so is it just one setting???)

Or is it only if you have leather, memory seats ?

leethal - did you ever get it sorted?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
390 Posts
What I've found is that if you set the car up with a specific key fob in the ignition the car allocates those setting to that fob.
You can then give the fob a name "Fred, Bert etc" so the car shows that name on the "Hello" screen and it will reproduce the settings (pressing the up/down arrows can select an alternative.
Mirrors settings appear to follow the key but I'm not certain about the other settings

Just got the car back from the body shop and they have erased everything so I'll have an experiment.

Cheers

Earl
 

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
Joined
·
3,584 Posts
Interesting Earl that you say everything got erased at the body shop. I'm assuming they disconnected the battery?
That's what surprises me as mine went in a couple of weeks ago for the recall on the airbags a seat belt tensioners, and they had to disconnect the battery (obvious really).
However all my settings were still intact when I picked the car up, so I assumed they must be held in some sort of 'power off' memory.
Strange you should lose yours. :(

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Iv just looked into this on my Tig & I went into car- setting & gave me four options I didn't realise was there, Eco, Comfort, Sport, Normal modes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Earl_H said:
What I've found is that if you set the car up with a specific key fob in the ignition the car allocates those setting to that fob.
You can then give the fob a name "Fred, Bert etc" so the car shows that name on the "Hello" screen and it will reproduce the settings (pressing the up/down arrows can select an alternative.
Mirrors settings appear to follow the key but I'm not certain about the other settings

Just got the car back from the body shop and they have erased everything so I'll have an experiment.

Cheers

Earl
Earl,

How do you give that key a "name" - as I don't have anything that shows me or gives me "Personalisation" settings on my menus.

Thanks,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Bhuna said:
Earl_H said:
What I've found is that if you set the car up with a specific key fob in the ignition the car allocates those setting to that fob.
You can then give the fob a name "Fred, Bert etc" so the car shows that name on the "Hello" screen and it will reproduce the settings (pressing the up/down arrows can select an alternative.
Mirrors settings appear to follow the key but I'm not certain about the other settings

Just got the car back from the body shop and they have erased everything so I'll have an experiment.

Cheers

Earl
Earl,

How do you give that key a "name" - as I don't have anything that shows me or gives me "Personalisation" settings on my menus.

Thanks,
I would like to know this as well. It's not listed on my RLINE either. I think it's something to do with having electric seats or not as I do not have this option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
I have an idea on how to personalise it if you haven't got the option in the menus

I'm going to take the car key off the wife and keep them both :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Earl_H said:
What I've found is that if you set the car up with a specific key fob in the ignition the car allocates those setting to that fob.
You can then give the fob a name "Fred, Bert etc" so the car shows that name on the "Hello" screen and it will reproduce the settings (pressing the up/down arrows can select an alternative.
Mirrors settings appear to follow the key but I'm not certain about the other settings

Just got the car back from the body shop and they have erased everything so I'll have an experiment.

Cheers

Earl
Hope they've done a good 'top' job mate on your door etc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
390 Posts
Hi Stumpy

Yes, it was a definite top job, I worked my way through college painting cars so I tend to be very very picky :ugeek: . In fact they re-polished the whole car and it looked great when I got it; then it rained :( and now it's covered in dirty spots.

Cheers Earl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Earl_H said:
Hi Stumpy

Yes, it was a definite top job, I worked my way through college painting cars so I tend to be very very picky :ugeek: . In fact they re-polished the whole car and it looked great when I got it; then it rained :( and now it's covered in dirty spots.

Cheers Earl
Great....good news to hear mate :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Hi all, I'm seeing similar things to other posters on here. I don't have the electric seats and also do not have any personalisation options.

My wife uses a different key and when she uses the car everything is identical to what I have chosen (radio, mirrors, AID etc).

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this? I did ask my dealer actually and he said it should do it and was going to send me a video - but hasn't yet.

Any help would be appreciated
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top