Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Emailed my VW dealer to ask about build week and as an aside he told me orders for Petrol Tiguans were going crazy and delivery was now out to 5 - 6 months. Don't know if this is just my dealership or whether it's UK wide

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was told 13/14 weeks when ordering toward the back end of March but build week now confirmed and it looks like being 9/10 weeks instead.

Articles I had read on the Tig suggested that VW was only expecting 5% of sales to be petrol. When my dealer showed me the list of pre-built stock available there were only about half a dozen petrol cars to choose from out of pages and pages of diesels. Perhaps unsurprising in the wake of dieselgate and the anti-diesel stories in the press at the moment. In any case, I expect 5% would be an underestimate so perhaps demand is beginning to outstrip supply.

Is your order impacted or have you got in in time?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Same spec as mine, Hartside, you have exceptional taste! It seems VW have been caught out a few times, especially with the R-Line, with anticipating demand. With recent press about diesels, 5% seems a stupidly low number. I hope you get some better news as time rolls on. I found Live Chat was better informed than my dealer about the schedule, so you might want to ask them instead.
Good luck!
Kevin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys, I have ordered 2.0 TSI 220HP Highline (I guess your equivalent of SEL) on 5 April here in Czech Republic and was told the same possible delivery date, i.e. 5 - 6 months. Still has no confirmed build week, plus we do not have any option to track the progress as you:) I really hope that the car will be build before summer. One funny point - our importer planned to cease manufacturing the Vienna leather seats, but eventually put them back.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sistig said:
I was told 13/14 weeks when ordering toward the back end of March but build week now confirmed and it looks like being 9/10 weeks instead.

Articles I had read on the Tig suggested that VW was only expecting 5% of sales to be petrol. When my dealer showed me the list of pre-built stock available there were only about half a dozen petrol cars to choose from out of pages and pages of diesels. Perhaps unsurprising in the wake of dieselgate and the anti-diesel stories in the press at the moment. In any case, I expect 5% would be an underestimate so perhaps demand is beginning to outstrip supply.

I've hopefully been lucky with mine, ordered early March, dealer reckons build week 19 although nothing on the VW web page yet so we'll see. He mentioned the 5 - 6 months on new orders from now, just thought I'd give everyone the heads up

·
Registered
58 Posts
sistig said:

A quick check on Autotrader for used Tiguans (all year's and variants) shows a total of 2286 for sale, 2251 (98.5%) diesel and 35 (1.5%) petrol. Not very scientific but I wonder what the difference will be in years to come.

I test drove the 2.0 diesel Tiguan and a 1.4 petrol Golf (no chance of testing a 1.4 Tiguan) and prefered the petrol.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KJ4x4 said:
Same spec as mine, Hartside, you have exceptional taste! It seems VW have been caught out a few times, especially with the R-Line, with anticipating demand. With recent press about diesels, 5% seems a stupidly low number. I hope you get some better news as time rolls on. I found Live Chat was better informed than my dealer about the schedule, so you might want to ask them instead.
Good luck!
Kevin
Great minds think alike :D

I also think manufacturers haven't seen this coming, even when looking at model line ups from other manufacturers, they are geared more toward diesel. Rightly or wrongly it's going to swing quite quickly toward petrol in my opinion.

I'm certainly going to ask Live Chat, I'm guessing they are going to need the order number to check?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hartside said:
sistig said:

I've hopefully been lucky with mine, ordered early March, dealer reckons build week 19 although nothing on the VW web page yet so we'll see. He mentioned the 5 - 6 months on new orders from now, just thought I'd give everyone the heads up
I ordered late March and had build week 19 confirmed last week. Different options though, so that May have some bearing on it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I ordered 11 March and dealer initially said build week 22, latest dealer is saying this has changed to week 20. Fingers crossed. This would mean a 10 week build then maybe 2 to 4 weeks to get to me, we'll see

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ACS said:
I ordered 11 March and dealer initially said build week 22, latest dealer is saying this has changed to week 20. Fingers crossed. This would mean a 10 week build then maybe 2 to 4 weeks to get to me, we'll see
Is this only information from the dealer ACS? When you look on My Volkswagen online is it showing the build week on there yet? Mine has been showing "awaiting scheduling" for about 5 weeks now.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hartside said:
ACS said:
Is this only information from the dealer ACS? When you look on My Volkswagen online is it showing the build week on there yet? Mine has been showing "awaiting scheduling" for about 5 weeks now.
I also followed up on Live Chat for confirmation but appreciate it can still change until "Build Week Confirmed" Maybe too much wishful thinking :roll:

·
Registered
90 Posts
ordered mine on 29th March (uk), dealer suggested roughly 12 weeks build time for a SEL petrol, app is still stuck on 'order is with factory' i don't have a build date yet...

·
Registered
90 Posts
app still hasn't updated but just tried live chat and got this response:

"I have just checked this with our Retail and Sales team and they have advised that your car currently has an unconfirmed build week of week 23. This is the week beginning June 5th."

woop woop! It would be good if the app or the tracking system on their website showed you these unconfirmed build dates

·
Registered
627 Posts
snailofsatan said:
It would be good if the app or the tracking system on their website showed you these unconfirmed build dates
Its unconfirmed and will more and likely changed - I ended up with 3 different unconfirmed dates before being confirmed as next week :)

Reason why they probably don't see these on the app is because they are subject to change, so imagine the complaints they would get if someone had an unconfirmed date of 17 April one week and then unconfirmed date of 5 June the following week then another change.

Some people will just wait for the app to update (not me LOL) - whereas some will contact live chat - they have probably calculated that if they showed the unconfirmed dates and they kept changing, they would get more contact/complaints than if they don't show them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
:D Whoooaaa, mines just confirmed as build week 20 :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same here (week 20) for my TSi R-Line, very surprised as I didn't order until 31st March, potentially building a batch of petrol cars that week?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Good news! :) If yours is anything to go by I've gotta wait just over 2 weeks to get mine confirmed!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Jamesb142 said:
Same here (week 20) for my TSi R-Line, very surprised as I didn't order until 31st March, potentially building a batch of petrol cars that week?
Oo it seems you've snuck yours in somehow! Mine was ordered on 29th!

·
Registered
90 Posts
If this helps anyone live chat said :

"The build week normally gets confirmed 4 weeks prior to the unconfirmed build week. The order system normally gets updated on Wednesday afternoon, so you will be best contacting us on Thursday or Friday.

Depending on a spec of your Tiguan, a new car can take up to ten days to build. Then it will be taken from a factory to a port of exit. Once it arrives at the port of exit in Germany it can take up to two weeks to arrive at the UK port of entry. Then your Tiguan will be scanned off the ship within 24 hours of arrival, and will be arranged a transportation to the selling Retailer. From this point, it can take between 7 to 10 working days to arrive at the Retailer"

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wayhay, mine confirmed today for build week 20 as well

1 - 20 of 26 Posts