Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is everything solving where they put there phone?

Whether you plug in and use CarPlay or not, I'd be interested to see/know how where you put your phone, in struggling find an elegant solution.

Secondly, do you dig CarPlay or Bluetooth more?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a Kenu phone holder. They are excellent.

I don't bother with CarPlay. I don't like the way it activates both the phone and the centre screen. I have my phone setup to Google maps and use BT to play everything through the VW audio unit. Occasionally I'll put maps on the Active Display, leave the phone screen dark and use BT on the centre console. I think CarPlay is too restrictive IMO.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yup. I thought there'd be a USB socket in the centre arm rest like most other cars have. Guess some people end up forgetting it. I just tuck it into the centre console recess and have about a foot of too much USB cable all scrunched up. Definitely not elegant

·
Registered
627 Posts
steve_t said:
Yup. I thought there'd be a USB socket in the centre arm rest like most other cars have. Guess some people end up forgetting it. I just tuck it into the centre console recess and have about a foot of too much USB cable all scrunched up. Definitely not elegant
Sorry to revive an old thread, but on the subject of where to put your phone and having a long USB cable, has anyone used these at all or similar - I know USB to iPhone cables can be a bit hit and miss at times for things like data transfer etc. If so, are they any good?

·
Registered
158 Posts
In my pocket , connected via Bluetooth !

·
Registered
627 Posts
rockman2 said:
Can you use apple play via Bluetooth or does phone have to be physically connected? (Or smartphone equivalent of Apple play)

·
Registered
239 Posts
by Bhuna » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:07 am

rockman2 wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:12 am

Can you use apple play via Bluetooth or does phone have to be physically connected? (Or smartphone equivalent of Apple play)
Unfortunately you must connect the phone via USB to use Apple Play. Noting only one of the USB ports above the QI charger pad allows Apple Play connection, for a LHD drive this is the USB port nearest the driver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts