Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, sorry I've not posted any pics till now, I was a little under the weather at the weekend, and today has been the first chance to get some. Only used my phone, so they won't win any prizes.
I think you'll agree that the Vienna leather really suits the Carribean Blue paint. :mrgreen

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
oh wow, Essjay - looks great, really really like it - you are right, the blue and grey go great together.

looks really bright/ light in the cabin - excellent.

Mind you i think a topic that will soon come to the forum is how to keep our storm grey seats .....storm grey !! :idea:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Wow...that is very nice 'Essjay', it does match well with the colour Vienna 'storm grey' leather. The more I look at the wheels, they get better, being a darker shade. Have you got electric with the drivers seat :?: :cool:

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Stumpy, yes the drivers seat has the 12 way electric adjustment with the 3 position memory, but it doesn't have the 'massage" function, not too much of a problem though.
I think the light interior is helped greatly by the full length sunroof on the SEL.
I agree Jon, it might become a hot topic keeping these seats clean!, although I did have the leather 'protected' as a dealer option.
Even though I had the manual for a couple of weeks before I got the car, it's really no substitute for sitting in the car while you're working through it. It's going to take quite a while to get it all sorted how I like it, but then that's the fun if it. :D

Steve

·
Registered
202 Posts
treated leather.....interesting....i didnt get any option like that....would be interested in what they have done/ used.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Ref electric seat ; Well...it gets even better, as I was told it would possibly be 12 way adjust (or could be 8 way as the only one he had to show me on the forecourt with leather 'Vienna' with electric was a Passat & that only had 8 way adjust with manual handle for height adjust)....but to also have 3 position memory 'Brill' ....wasn't expecting that, as when I asked if it had memory the dealer told me NO.......... so glad I took the Leather option with electric now....thanks for the info and for sharing your pics Steve :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
lt13624 said:
Looks nice Stumpy. I agree with Weirdfish on the massage function, I would have preferred the 3 position memory.
Not my Tig... 'It13624'....unfortunately mine is still in bits awaiting... ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Lol, sorry Stumpy, hopefully not long now. Essjay, that is a nice looking Tig. The seats look fabulous. I do wonder if I should have got the leather but even the standard seats are nice.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Steve,

your back seats....are they all white, or is the middle section black? i have seen two different pictures on line and am not sure which is actual production.

thanks

Jon

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Jon, here's a couple of pics of the rear seats, which show the black centre section and trims.

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Vehicle Car Car seat cover Motor vehicle Automotive design

this is what i am being shown as the storm grey leather option...you see a bit of a difference....good to see yours in reality though. looks nice with the black as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What's funny Jon is that I've seen that picture before, and still not noticed the difference :roll:
Must admit, as you say, I reckon it looks better with the black trim.
They do seem to deviate quite a bit from the configurator in quite a lot of things, I wonder if it's to do with different country requirements or whether it's just down to cost and availability of supplies.

Steve

·
Registered
202 Posts
Time will tell - they have quite a few models and trim levels in the showrooms - but not seen a single one with the white leather - they won't import it if they don't think they can sell it - and due to the luxury tax here on top of normal vat - they don't bring in many top of range models - thus as you say, could be all just differ from config - or markets really do have differences...not just in combination of features...but in the features themselves. Reminds me of the Thomas, autogefeuhl - where he was talking abouts rims and mentioning kapstadt (cape town) and auckland varieties...we just don't get those as options - which apparently are available in Germany.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, to confuse things even more I've just had another look at UK configurator and selected the Vienna Leather option and this is what it shows, which is totally different to mine :?:

Thats three different styles for the same option :?

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Essjay said:
Well, to confuse things even more I've just had another look at UK configurator and selected the Vienna Leather option and this is what it shows, which is totally different to mine :?:

Thats three different styles for the same option :?

Steve
And it doesn't show the drivers seat as electric :!: :!: :?:

·
Registered
202 Posts
hi stumpy....in europe at least, i think you can get the leather option without the electric....so that at least doesnt surprise me....but it is getting really confusing now seeing as Essjay's is completely different to reality....i have a picture similar to that, but it is for the microfleece, not for the leather.....either they have a very complicated global arrangement of interior design options or the intern designing the websites f*cked up :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
JonP said:
hi stumpy....in europe at least, i think you can get the leather option without the electric....so that at least doesnt surprise me....but it is getting really confusing now seeing as Essjay's is completely different to reality....i have a picture similar to that, but it is for the microfleece, not for the leather.....either they have a very complicated global arrangement of interior design options or the intern designing the websites f*cked up :D
Well 'JonP' they certainly have a different global arrangement for model names..ie Hi-line etc in Rep Ireland, New Zealand, & europe..... :| :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.