1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
A good match to the paint colour...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Bad case of road rage, driver got all in a lather.

·
Registered
433 Posts
What on earth possessed you :eek: :shock: :?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think black wheels would be a popular option for the R line if they were available. ..other manufacturers offer them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm also in the process of dipping my wheels black, i can't really agree with the grayish tone against the white of the car.
I will also have the roofrails and sidemirrors blackened so i think going black on the wheels should work out fine.

Edit:i have the 19" wheels.

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
IMO VW have done a good job with the wheel design for the R Line, aggressive with style and love the look of them on any colour.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I actually liked the wheels but i decided to dip it because of scratches from stones or maybe because i worked on a place where there are lots of farms on the road :D etc. Imagine i only got the car for 3 weeks and got scratches. The thing is i want to preserve the beauty of the alloy. And that is why it also has rimblades on. Well plastidip is not permanent but it saves me lots of alloy cleaners because i never need to clean it. :D :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
I get why are you doing this, and if the potential for damage is extensive, it makes sense you do not want to have to buy new rims in short time.

Here is my conundrum. I want to buy some kind of hood guard or foil as in Sweden there are a lot of small stones in the roads and it is given that you will get a few stone chips a season. Now, the thing is protecting the car with expensive foils that do not take away from the cars beauty (that much) is too damn expensive and I would need to make a 5 hours ride to go to the place and maybe sleep in overpriced Stockholm hotels a night or two or take a relatively expensive train ride back and forth. So the expensive non-beauty-intrusive solution is not viable for me. So, there are these other less elegant but slightly more economical solutions. Price wise, it is still expensive, but i am fine with. However, it takes away so much from the car, that to me it feels like you have married or committed to a long term relationship with someone you trust and still continue having coitus with condom on. It just does not make sense! I mean for who am i protecting the car? To get a better price when selling? So, preserving it for someone else while having "condom" on it during the whole time I am owning it? But what about the chips in the lovely hood? Aaaaaah.....!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got a price of 2000sek to put protective foil on my hood, haven't decided if i'm going with it or not.
You could also plastidip the hood with their glossifier (clearcote). Or buy a hoodbra.

eelir said:
I get why are you doing this, and if the potential for damage is extensive, it makes sense you do not want to have to buy new rims in short time.

Here is my conundrum. I want to buy some kind of hood guard or foil as in Sweden there are a lot of small stones in the roads and it is given that you will get a few stone chips a season. Now, the thing is protecting the car with expensive foils that do not take away from the cars beauty (that much) is too damn expensive and I would need to make a 5 hours ride to go to the place and maybe sleep in overpriced Stockholm hotels a night or two or take a relatively expensive train ride back and forth. So the expensive non-beauty-intrusive solution is not viable for me. So, there are these other less elegant but slightly more economical solutions. Price wise, it is still expensive, but i am fine with. However, it takes away so much from the car, that to me it feels like you have married or committed to a long term relationship with someone you trust and still continue having coitus with condom on. It just does not make sense! I mean for who am i protecting the car? To get a better price when selling? So, preserving it for someone else while having "condom" on it during the whole time I am owning it? But what about the chips in the lovely hood? Aaaaaah.....!!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
What company offered you 2000 for hood foil? Can tou pm me a link of how does that look like?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts