Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might sound like a bit of a how long is a bit string question.
We only have a few days to decide which replacement do we go for. The SEL or stay with another R Line as prices are due to go up on November the 1st, so if we go for a metallic paint on the R Line it takes us over our thresh hold price.
Any Way, to go back to my question.
Because the R Line has a harder ride than the SEL, do you think it would be more prone to rattles.
We didnt have our R Line that long to find out, I had a slight buzz in the drivers side air vent.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Think your in the lap of the gods with rattles.
My SEL has a tendency to rattle but it's very intermittent and very road surface dependent.

Some reviews suggest to avoid it, but not seen any owners on here complain.
I think it's a visual thing, I just preferred the front of the SEL I'm not a body kit man.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Crossed fingers, no rattles to date :D but I went for comfort in the end and for the added extras in the SEL...but it is an age thing :roll: :lol: Love this 'Tig' :cool:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
yetirider said:
Negativepitch said:
Im 55 years old and still cant decide which model :lol:
Which brings me to another interesting question Which I will start another new thread :D
Join the middle age gang and get the SEL...... :D
;) :p agree :lol:

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Totally agree :D . Not had any rattles or noises in the first 7 weeks of ownership, plus this is definately the most comfortable car I've owned.

Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Collected my Tiguan on OCT 1. Immediately detected noise/rattle from rear. Suspected tailgate. Booked in to Service Dept. who ruled out tailgate but confirmed noise. Could not give a firm diagnosis but suspected panel or panels 'flexing' . Need to re-book for minimum 2 days, possibly 5, for further inspection which would involve trim dismantling. If unable to remedy, dealer will involve VW engineers. Also driver side stowage drawer jammed new part odered.

Tiguan SE-NAV Indium grey

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RunningBuryBlue said:
I have an SEL & its nice and comfy. I think a sporty SUV kind of misses the point.

Reviewing your previous comments, are you sure a Tiguan is the car for you?
Yes certain the car is for us, love it, just never going through the fiasco that was our old nissan QQ.
Just have to make the decision on between Another R line and an SEL..now why cant they do the looks of the R Line with the comfort of the SEL...happy days.
We have looked at the the Mada CX5, Honda CRV, Honda HRV, new shape Sportage, the Tuscon, the New old rehash of the Rav 4 , The evoque the Skoda Yeti, Audi Q3..not another qashqai.
It looks like it will be the SEL as this is going to be our last car until we both retire, so we are not looking to move it on in a couple of years.
We would just like to see the Atlantic blue in the flesh in the daylight, but three of our main dealers dont have one so that we can see

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Negativepitch said:
RunningBuryBlue said:
I have an SEL & its nice and comfy. I think a sporty SUV kind of misses the point.

Reviewing your previous comments, are you sure a Tiguan is the car for you?
Yes certain the car is for us, love it, just never going through the fiasco that was our old nissan QQ.
Just have to make the decision on between Another R line and an SEL..now why cant they do the looks of the R Line with the comfort of the SEL...happy days.
We have looked at the the Mada CX5, Honda CRV, Honda HRV, new shape Sportage, the Tuscon, the New old rehash of the Rav 4 , The evoque the Skoda Yeti..not another qashqai. which I would never buy another Nissan again

·
Registered
3 Posts
Car returned. Workshop finally removed rear bumper which exposed unresined area behind impact bar. Re-resined and seems sorted as no noise in 100 miles. Re Dave's enquiry - car otherwise drives very nicely, quiet,comfortable, plenty of punch and the neighbours have pronounced it nicest looking car on the street. Previous car Audi Q5.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
carmanres said:
Car returned. Workshop finally removed rear bumper which exposed unresined area behind impact bar. Re-resined and seems sorted as no noise in 100 miles. Re Dave's enquiry - car otherwise drives very nicely, quiet,comfortable, plenty of punch and the neighbours have pronounced it nicest looking car on the street. Previous car Audi Q5.
Good news then, glad its all sorted ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts