Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought of having a power supply fitted for my dashcam. Halfords may do this. Anyone any thoughts and will this affect warranty. I dont think dealer would this although this would be ideal.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I've put my dash in and fed the cables myself down the rubber of the door & then under the parcel shelf to plug into the 12v socket.... I will take some picks... wait-out ;) :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Fixture
14971893_10202358427559876_14827188

Attachments

·
Registered
3,542 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,
I read your thread Essjay and I did the same as Stumpy in my previous Tig. My Q5 had a socket in the armrest box but this hasnt. Didnt want it in the boot as its a long sticky out thing power supply. Thought about a dedicated power supply for this as I'm keeping the car for at least 5 years.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hi Beagler,

I can't imagine it would affect your warranty as long as its fused correctly. Loads of trackers get fitted to vehicles and they also require a permanent supply and I have never heard of them causing warranty problems.

A permanent supply is the best way forward for a dash cam as the camera will record in the event of a bump/crash when a car is parked and unoccupied.

If you get a permanent cable fitted please post some photos of how it was done.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks ed1 will do

·
Registered
97 Posts
I hard-wired a dash cam in my Skoda Yeti using a piggy-back fuse (e-bay) connected to the fuse for the rear wipers, running the cable under the headlining, then under the edge of the screen pillar and between the dash and base of the pillar, then down the door rubber and into the fuse box which was located at the driver's end of the dash. Looking at my Tiguan, the same route/connection looks feasible though the location of the fuse box behind the glove box might make it easier to conceal the cable.

G

·
As above, piggyback fuses work very well and the fuse board is behind the glove-box so easy to run cables in to that. I have done this on several vehicles wired up to a key-live to auto start the recording.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts