Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An online broker has a label warning of a VW price increase on 1st December. In dealership yesterday I asked about it and they said they were not aware of anything. Anybody have any insight on this?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I mentioned this a while back. Sorry but don’t know how to share the link but it’s under “Price is rising” within the main chat.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Covered here

Speculating a 2.2% increase for Tiguans.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice way of treating customers. They need 7 to 10 months to deliver an order instead of usual 3-4 and then they have the customer pay the price increase due to their inability to deliver their product on time.

·
Registered
236 Posts
We’re lucky (in some respects at least) in the UK, in that once the price is agreed it stays the same even if VW increase the price between order and deliver.

·
Registered
134 Posts
We’re lucky (in some respects at least) in the UK, in that once the price is agreed it stays the same even if VW increase the price between order and deliver.
Although we are not protected from those list price increases exposing us to luxury car tax - that is determined by the list price at the time of delivery, what we actually paid and the list price at the point of ordering are both irrelevant.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reactions: chillyman50

·
Registered
3 Posts
Spot on with the luxury tax as it is one of my worry. Also spotted the price has been increased in c2c site. So it is no longer a speculative suggestion of increase.

Vincent

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is it me or have prices gone up already? Looking at the r allspace I think that has gone up by £800.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Is it me or have prices gone up already? Looking at the r allspace I think that has gone up by £800.
I just checked out the exact spec of my Elegance and the price is the same at the moment (that it was when I got mine in September). Maybe some are going up and others not? Would be odd though as VW usually increase everything at once.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just checked out the exact spec of my Elegance and the price is the same at the moment (that it was when I got mine in September). Maybe some are going up and others not? Would be odd though as VW usually increase everything at once.
I did the same with the same result. Only expecting to see the change on Dec 1st.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well that’s odd, I just checked when I ordered in September. This is a screenshot from then - the allspace r-line 245ps.

Font Rectangle Circle Brand Paper product

This is what I see now
Font Rectangle Number Parallel Document

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think they had another price rise just after you ordered it. This is the second rise this year.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I spoke with Drive The Deal this morning. They confirmed the price increase on the 1st and their cut-off is close of play tomorrow to guarantee fixing the price. I'm ready to order so will be proceeding today. Delivery is quoted as 26 to 28 weeks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think they had another price rise just after you ordered it. This is the second rise this year.
I thought the price rise was in August though. I ordered on 30th August and the list price then is the same as it is now.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
183 Posts
I maybe mistaken but I thought it was Sept but maybe wrong,

·
Registered
236 Posts
I maybe mistaken but I thought it was Sept but maybe wrong,
Last price change was 3rd August for the standard Tiguan range (in the UK). I downloaded the price list on that occasion, and still have it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just tried the configurator and it's says price unavailable so looks like some chances are being made.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Some prices have indeed increased so it looks to be happening right now.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts