Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've heard that the price rise will be between 2 and 3 percent across the board and VW may no longer protect the price for new orders. Apparently, as long as you receive the vehicle before June 2022 you will still be protected.

·
Registered
257 Posts
White is no longer free. It’s now £385
Depends on the model. On the Active it was an extra £385 so will probably be more than that when they increase the price 1st December.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Shock price increase for the Active 1.5 TSI 150PS (no options) is from £29,180 to £30,465. That's an extra £1,285 or 4.4% increase! Okay, the Active is now Dealer stock only and did have quite a few extras fitted for just £500 but it seems they've priced those extras on top.

·
Registered
134 Posts
White is no longer free. It’s now £385
Wow, no free colour on the R-Line, can that be right. I can see it myself on the configuration, just can’t believe it.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks to me like the configurator is mid update - some prices not on the configurator the winter pack is priced as the full pack not the heated rear seats. I'd guess there are some changes to fit under the 40k limit after a price increase. Volvomand others have been dropping kit off for a while now.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Looks to me like the configurator is mid update - some prices not on the configurator the winter pack is priced as the full pack not the heated rear seats. I'd guess there are some changes to fit under the 40k limit after a price increase. Volvomand others have been dropping kit off for a while now.
The prices are back. As far as I can see the Elegance is unchanged but the free white on the R Line seems to have gone. I don't really know the Life and Active secs to comment.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
257 Posts
The Life at the moment appears unchanged. It seems to be only the Active (now dealer stock only) which is showing an increased price. I can't see any base prices of the Elegance or the R models though except by configuring them individually.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The prices are back. As far as I can see the Elegance is unchanged but the free white on the R Line seems to have gone. I don't really know the Life and Active secs to comment.

Cheers,

Nigel
I see that this morning. The increase plus the charge for the paint and the heated rear seats going to 640 from 240 (I think that's an error as the 640 is the charge if there's no heated seats or steering wheel) but still tips me over the 40k I'll wait until the new year but I'll probably end up cancelling. The PCP on the elegance was a lot higher than the R line but I'll see what the dealer can do. Might just go to my 2nd and 3rd choices the Tuscon 230 ultimate or Rav4 Excel both of which have all the kit that's pushing the Tiguan over 40k.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Unfortunately I envisage that you probably won’t be alone in your decision. If VW insist on increasing the prices to a point where it takes the purchase into the ‘luxury’ tax bracket where other manufacturers can provide a similar spec without the increase in tax, then I’m afraid a lot of prospective customers may well jump ship.

It’s a real shame that VW can’t grasp the fact that they’re hurting their UK sales by effectively ignoring the higher tax threshold.

Steve

·
Registered
24 Posts
Unfortunately I envisage that you probably won’t be alone in your decision. If VW insist on increasing the prices to a point where it takes the purchase into the ‘luxury’ tax bracket where other manufacturers can provide a similar spec without the increase in tax, then I’m afraid a lot of prospective customers may well jump ship.

It’s a real shame that VW can’t grasp the fact that they’re hurting their UK sales by effectively ignoring the higher tax threshold.

Steve
In fairness to VW there has been a fair amount of fiscal drag with the 40k threshold (which was probably the intention). Tax needs to come from somewhere but the system of a step at 40k is a poor one and it disproportionately hits PHEVs - the rav and tuscon phev were both already over the 40k mark but their ordinary hybrids fit well with my needs and unfortunately VW don't do that kind of hybrid.

Be interesting to see if the threshold rises in the budget, it came in 4 years ago and I'd say if it rose with car prices it could be a good 3-5k higher at least. I'd say there's a bit of lobbying going on by the SMT.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I reckon VW won't lose any sleep over those buyers who pull out as they know the Dealers will simply sell to the next customer and probably at a higher price now that nearly-new cars have gone up so much and are still in short supply.

As regards changing the "luxury" tax threshold in the budget it didn't change in the November budget so I doubt the Government will be changing it above £40k any time soon - but, you never know!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I reckon VW won't lose any sleep over those buyers who pull out as they know the Dealers will simply sell to the next customer and probably at a higher price now that nearly-new cars have gone up so much and are still in short supply.

As regards changing the "luxury" tax threshold in the budget it didn't change in the November budget so I doubt the Government will be changing it above £40k any time soon - but, you never know!
No one likes losing sales and while they can shift cars arriving now dealers are nervous about q2 and 3 2022. They also tell me they the 40k threshold is a big factor for customers, particularly shifting them on at 4/5 years old.
The 40k threshold is one to watch though there are enough people being caught its getting some press attention now.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Shock price increase for the Active 1.5 TSI 150PS (no options) is from £29,180 to £30,465. That's an extra £1,285 or 4.4% increase! Okay, the Active is now Dealer stock only and did have quite a few extras fitted for just £500 but it seems they've priced those extras on top.
Looks like the Configurator is still being updated because the Active 1.5 150PS has now gone down to £29,775 making it a 2% increase over its previous price of £29,180 and not 4.4%.

·
Registered
257 Posts
No one likes losing sales and while they can shift cars arriving now dealers are nervous about q2 and 3 2022. They also tell me they the 40k threshold is a big factor for customers, particularly shifting them on at 4/5 years old.
The 40k threshold is one to watch though there are enough people being caught its getting some press attention now.
Back in the Summer I thought about the PHEVs and probably would have ordered one if it wasn't for that £40k threshold so actually the Government are losing tax because petrol models are around £7-£10k cheaper. No way will I pay that additional tax over the next five years!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Back in the Summer I thought about the PHEVs and probably would have ordered one if it wasn't for that £40k threshold so actually the Government are losing tax because petrol models are around £7-£10k cheaper. No way will I pay that additional tax over the next five years!
I've got a Tiguan Elegance eHybrid on order. With no extras other than black paint to try and keep it under the £40k threshold. It has just gone up by 1.86%. I shall just scrape in under the £40k threshold provided the April price rise is no more than 2.3% . . . .

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I paid the deposit today. Elegance hybrid in Dolphin Grey. The only extra is the assistance pack plus at fifty quid. Fingers crossed it is confirmed before any price increases take effect.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've got a Tiguan Elegance eHybrid on order. With no extras other than black paint to try and keep it under the £40k threshold. It has just gone up by 1.86%. I shall just scrape in under the £40k threshold provided the April price rise is no more than 2.3% . . . .
Hi mate. where do you see the 1.86% increase? The VW configurator is still showing old price for elegance.

21 - 40 of 95 Posts