Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
£37,780 is what I was quoted by dealership about 5 or 6 weeks ago. I had Carwow offers of £35,040 - but they disappeared today. I paid a deposit today at £33,200 with dealership through AutoeBid and asked about price increases but she said 'not that she knew of'. I asked if the price was now fixed and she said yes, but then slightly backtracked and said subject to confirmation, but said she'd never come across that after the deposit was taken. She was knowledgeable and confident as well, so not a newbie. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
£37,780 is what I was quoted by dealership about 5 or 6 weeks ago. I had Carwow offers of £35,040 - but they disappeared today. I paid a deposit today at £33,200 with dealership through AutoeBid and asked about price increases but she said 'not that she knew of'. I asked if the price was now fixed and she said yes, but then slightly backtracked and said subject to confirmation, but said she'd never come across that after the deposit was taken. She was knowledgeable and confident as well, so not a newbie. Fingers crossed.
I bought last month with a June delivery and the price was fixed once the finance was approved, no deposit was taken and not needed to hold the price. Main dealer was cheaper the WBAC bids.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Drive the deal have all the updated prices on their website,cost of a base spec Tiguan R up £990.
Not sure what others models have increased by due to not knowing what the base spec of each was recently.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was told yesterday that a 3% price rise across all VW vehicles from December from my local dealer.
I guess we will know for sure in a few days but 3% may be too much for me. I could survive that but another would drive me over the £40k threshold.

If they increase on 1st Dec when would the next increase be. The last one was 1st August, so do they increase every 4 months, so the next would be 1st April?

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
257 Posts
......If they increase on 1st Dec when would the next increase be. The last one was 1st August, so do they increase every 4 months, so the next would be 1st April?

Cheers,

Nigel
Maybe but don't forget they previously increased prices by £150 (all models) just a month or so before the 1st August increase which was towards the end of June.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Everyone puckered up and ready for tomorrow?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well the base Elegance 2.0 TSI 7-Speed DSG 4Motion has increased from £37,575 to £38,380 - that's an increase of 2.14% - if you exclude the road fund licence and registration fee then the VW increase is 2.3%.

The total list price of the car I have ordered has increased from £39,546 to £40,401 - that's an increase of 2.16%

And the value for luxury tax determination purposes has increased from £38,146 to £39,001 - that's an increase of 2.24%

I could survive a further £999 increase - I assume there will be another increase before my car is delivered in March/April - going to be extremely tight.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
236 Posts
Well, it doesn't affect me as I already have my car (sorry, hope that doesn't sound mocking) but I can say that the new price for the exact spec of my car has increased from £41,365 to £42,260 - so that's an increase of £895 (2.16%). The base cost (Elegance 2.0 TSI DSG 4Motion) has increased £805 (2.14%). If my maths is correct.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Well the base Elegance 2.0 TSI 7-Speed DSG 4Motion has increased from £37,575 to £38,380 - that's an increase of 2.14%.

Cheers,

Nigel
I think we must have been typing at the same time... :LOL:

·
Registered
257 Posts
With mine - no worries about the Govt's supplementary tax - the base model of an Active 1.5TSI 150PS has increased from £29,180 to £29,855 so that's an increase of 2.3%. Strange that only some of the options have increased unless they are still finalising the website.

·
Registered
134 Posts
With mine - no worries about the Govt's supplementary tax - the base model of an Active has increased from £29,180 to £29,855 so that's an increase of 2.3%. Strange that only some of the options have increased unless they are still finalising the website.
With mine, only the very low priced options didn't increase. The increases are

Metallic Paint - 3.1%
Heated Rear Seats - 2.1%
Driver's Assistance Plus - 0%
Discover Pro - 2.4%
TPMS - 3.0%
Full Size Spare - 2.2%
Safety Kit - 0%

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
134 Posts
How often do VW normally increase their prices - when would the next one be likely?

There was one in August and now one in December, is that normal or is it different this year because of Covid and the supply problems.

So would the next one be April?

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
65 Posts
Argh, mine has landed at £40,240 for luxury car tax threshold. So annoyed. Nothing I can do, so I'll obviously pony up, but hitting the luxury tax threshold changes everything as if I'd known I'd be in this level I'd have likely chosen a different spec (eg 240 engine over 190). As it was the selection was chosen to avoid the additional tax.

Reactions: Aarmitstead

·
Registered
134 Posts
Argh, mine has landed at £40,240 for luxury car tax threshold. So annoyed. Nothing I can do, so I'll obviously pony up, but hitting the luxury tax threshold changes everything as if I'd known I'd be in this level I'd have likely chosen a different spec (eg 240 engine over 190). As it was the selection was chosen to avoid the additional tax.
Yep that is my thinking too, I was careful with the options (or so I thought) - if I new I was going to pay luxury car tax my choice of make/model, trim, engine and options would have been different.

Not sure I will ‘pony up’ though, in my case I might be inclined to cancel and carry on using my existing car for a few more years.

Fingers crossed, I am still safe, but it will be extremely tight.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
257 Posts
Is that £40,240 after deducting the VED and £55 registration fee? Both are discounted from the total list price for calculating the "luxury" tax.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Unfortunately yes, in fact I took off £50 for registration so it's actually £40,235 after deductions.

Adding the HUD after placing my original order really came back to bite.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Unfortunately yes, in fact I took off £50 for registration so it's actually £40,235 after deductions.

Adding the HUD after placing my original order really came back to bite.
I'm sure you've uttered a few choice but unrepeatable words!

You could always sell it - no doubt at a profit.........

41 - 60 of 95 Posts