Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer has kindly☹ set primary user and therefore welcome screen as their dealership name. I have tried to change this but not having any success.
If I try to register it keeps coming up with "unable to apply data" try again later.
Can anyone talk me through how to get myself as primary user?

·
Registered
Allspace R line 245 Tsi 4motion DSG
2,404 Posts
Get to settings and do a full reset
Then you can start again for you

Reactions: TEDDYM1

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Make sure you have set yourself up with a VW ID profile on the We Connect/My Volkswagen website and make a note of your e-mail address and password and have both keys with you in the car. Then the fun starts with the infotainment screen!

Under Users you'll see 'Guest' and then a plus button so press that. To add yourself you will have to log in with your VW ID and fill in your details including a new S-PIN number. At some point you have to press the unlock button on each of the keys in quick succession to prove you've got both keys... and then you should be the Primary User. I'm sure there was an option to cancel a previous User rather than a full reset as that will take you back to the factory settings and you will lose any customisation settings you may have chosen but that's one way I guess! I'm not sure of the exact step-by-step instructions as I've forgotten the details but I managed to fumble my way through it and I'm an old luddite!

When you start the car later it will ask for the S-PIN number so input that and press the 'Remember' button so you don't have to input it again.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

·
Registered
Allspace R line 245 Tsi 4motion DSG
2,404 Posts
Make sure you have set yourself up with a VW ID profile on the We Connect/My Volkswagen website and make a note of your e-mail address and password and have both keys with you in the car. Then the fun starts with the infotainment screen!

Under Users you'll see 'Guest' and then a plus button so press that. To add yourself you will have to log in with your VW ID and fill in your details including a new S-PIN number. At some point you have to press the unlock button on each of the keys in quick succession to prove you've got both keys... and then you should be the Primary User. I'm sure there was an option to cancel a previous User rather than a full reset as that will take you back to the factory settings and you will lose any customisation settings you may have chosen but that's one way I guess! I'm not sure of the exact step-by-step instructions as I've forgotten the details but I managed to fumble my way through it and I'm an old luddite!

When you start the car later it will ask for the S-PIN number so input that and press the 'Remember' button so you don't have to input it again.

Hope that helps.
Unlike my reply this is the detailed response 😝

• Haha
Reactions: CUK

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Unlike my reply this is the detailed response 😝
When I collected my car James (JCB Medway) wanted to show me how to set myself up as the Primary User but silly me I couldn't remember my password! Anyway, he showed me how to do it by setting it up with his own VW ID account and then deleted it. A couple of days later I gave it a go myself and it worked. :cool:

Now to find a way to turn off that Lane Assist which keeps tugging at the steering wheel!

Reactions: mrew42

·
Registered
540 Posts
When I collected my car James (JCB Medway) wanted to show me how to set myself up as the Primary User but silly me I couldn't remember my password! Anyway, he showed me how to do it by setting it up with his own VW ID account and then deleted it. A couple of days later I gave it a go myself and it worked. :cool:

Now to find a way to turn off that Lane Assist which keeps tugging at the steering wheel!
I assume you mean permanently? Switching it off each time you use the car is easy enough, my wife does it as she doesn’t like it - doesn’t bother me.

Reactions: A1VWD

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I assume you mean permanently? Switching it off each time you use the car is easy enough, my wife does it as she doesn’t like it - doesn’t bother me.
Yes, can it be done permanently?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Not as standard, but I think it can be coded using ODB11 or VCDS
Yeah, that is what I thought. I do have VCDS from 2008 but it won't work on the Tiguan. Apparently, the protocol changed and new VWs from around 2019/20 need a new interface from Ross-Tech.

Reactions: mrew42

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
It can be done with OBDeleven, there is an app for it, and 2 different versions for year of car. It basically changes it so it remembers the last wetting over switch off/on. So if you have it on, each time you restart it will be on. If you turn it off, each time you turn the car on it will remain off. Much more sensible.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reactions: A1VWD
1 - 14 of 14 Posts