Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Anyone else heard of a current production line delay ? Ordered my Tig 6 weeks ago today. The garage initially said the current ETA was 8 to 9 weeks, which worked out at a delivery of the start of November. Initial weekly updates via the dealer went from a production week of week 43, then 44 and now week 45. The dealer isnt much help to be honest, saying its out of their hands and its down to the factory, which is understandable. Contact VW via the live chat and they say currently I have a build of week commencing 07/11/16, plus and additional 4 to 6 weeks before I get my hands on it.

Tweeted VW UK today and they are saying the current order timescale for the tiguan is 16 to 20 weeks. They also stated that the factory machinery being updated at the moment. I'll be lucky if I get it before Christmas at this rate.

Is this normal ??

Regards

Dave

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ordered my R line 3 weeks ago and was given build week 45 and then 46.

Just contacted live chat and they said I still have a provisional build date for week 46 but the exact build week won't be confirmed until 3 weeks prior of build week 46.

I hope I get it before xmas as I was planning on taking it to Ireland on the Ferry. It's not looking good after the info you got Dave.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Expect 16 weeks. I know it depends on the dealer but I ordered end of June and I got a build week of this week, by the time I collect the car it will be around 17 weeks since ordered ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
I ordered end of August and my build week has slipped from 43-44-45 and probably going to keep slipping. Best case will be 14 weeks at the moment after being told 10 weeks.

If it keeps slipping I'm going to start looking at alternative stock options. I always said I'd never buy another vw but the Tiguan was so good it forced me to back track but having to deal with vw dealers and their customer service is always such a painful experience

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mine was ordered 10 June. Built last week, 2 weeks later than original estimate. Now in the uk.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ordered 16th July - arrived in UK at Grimsby but it likes the sea air so much its been there a week.(probably eating lots of fish and chips and candy floss !!)...total time so far is now 11 weeks !
A three month wait from order seems to be the norm unless you are willing to order a car already in stock and not get the exact spec you really want.

:cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ordered august and had confirmed build week this week. Car left factory on Friday but expected 4wks to get to dealer around 14th Nov.

Winrya said:
I ordered end of August and my build week has slipped from 43-44-45 and probably going to keep slipping. Best case will be 14 weeks at the moment after being told 10 weeks.

If it keeps slipping I'm going to start looking at alternative stock options. I always said I'd never buy another vw but the Tiguan was so good it forced me to back track but having to deal with vw dealers and their customer service is always such a painful experience

·
Registered
20 Posts
How do you find out that it's in Grimsby?

Terrier1964 said:
Ordered 16th July - arrived in UK at Grimsby but it likes the sea air so much its been there a week.(probably eating lots of fish and chips and candy floss !!)...total time so far is now 11 weeks !
A three month wait from order seems to be the norm unless you are willing to order a car already in stock and not get the exact spec you really want.

:cool:

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I ordered 10th June and picked up from dealer on 1st September. That's approx 11 weeks in total.

Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spoke to VW customer service on Thursday who confirmed some of the changes for week 45 production is the addition of another USB port & some modifications to the ACC. Still no improvement on my current production allocated week :cry:

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
So it seems that they may be reinstalling the rear usb port that's shown in some early videos, but is missing on current cars. Shame they removed it in the first place.
I also wonder what mods they're doing to the ACC.

Steve

·
Registered
339 Posts
Essjay said:
So it seems that they may be reinstalling the rear usb port that's shown in some early videos, but is missing on current cars. Shame they removed it in the first place.
I also wonder what mods they're doing to the ACC.

Steve
I welcome the reintroduction of the USB port for the rear passengers especially in our age of mobile phones, iPads etc. I think VW have clearly had second thoughts since the permanent removal of this useful addition.

On the subject of updates to the ACC, I recall several forum members highliting the fact that they were experiencing sudden brake intervention when ACC was active, which maybe the reason for the update. :?:

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
GTD184 said:
On the subject of updates to the ACC, I recall several forum members highliting the fact that they were experiencing sudden brake intervention when ACC was active, which maybe the reason for the update. :?:
I would have thought that if the problems of hard braking were down to the ACC, it would more likely be fixed by a fairly simple software change, and if that were the case, it could hopefully be applied to existing models as well.

Steve

·
Registered
202 Posts
Not sure about acc, but for my tig, as mentioned in another thread...the price of the discover media went up from July onwards due to the change in the package...a ' phone box'. A 2nd USB port in central console and induction charging for phone. Hope you guys get it for free!!! Was 240 euros for me.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Essjay said:
GTD184 said:
I would have thought that if the problems of hard braking were down to the ACC, it would more likely be fixed by a fairly simple software change, and if that were the case, it could hopefully be applied to existing models as well.

Steve
You could well be correct Steve although generally if it is a software update it is normal just to issue a technical service bulletin via VW service.

For VW CS to confirm "production mods" would indicate the introduction of improved or new design components.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Suppose that is one thing I can take as comfort for having to wait 18 weeks + and a build in week 49!! Is that some of the earliy issues get sorted.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Is your build week in 49 confirmed or estimated. Mine was 43, it's now slipped every week that goes by and is now at week 47. Starting to think it will never get a confirmed date

·
Registered
202 Posts
Unfortunately it is not confirmed...the system here seems a bit different from UK and there seems to be a process of going through a national import rather than dealers having slots or direct links with factory... but if everyone else is getting delayed, might get a nasty surprise too.!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
VW customer service have just informed my mine has been pushed back to week 47, not happy :cry:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ordered a 2.0 tai 150 DSG 4 motion R-line on the 30th and was given a lead time of 22 weeks.

A Scottish VW dealer in St Andrews is advertising nearly new demonstrator Tigs with the headline "Beat the 6 month waiting list"

So it must be a long wait for even newer orders.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts