Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Folks I'm curious to hear what lead times all you new prospective owners have been given?

I currently have my car on order and when i placed it i was told it would be about 22 weeks. I ordered on 30/9/16 so that would make Friday, 3 March 2017 the big day!

I know the ordered spec can make quite a difference in production lead times so for comparison i am waiting on a Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TDI 4Motion 150PS 7-Speed DSG - White - Park Assist - Reversing camera.

And for all you luck people that have your Tig already, did it arrive on time (give or take a week or two!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ordered the end of August and was told to expect delivery in 8 to 9 weeks. Made plans to sell 2 cars for the end of October, both cars have gone.
VW customer service have subsequently told me the current production/delivery times are between 16-20 weeks after order!
The new Tiguan has been "over subscribed" because of promotions / offers / demand (take your choice) !

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Tazzman said:
Hi,

I ordered august and I get my tig on Friday
Good news 'Tazzman' would be great to see some pics in the gallery of your colour, when you get time :) :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
My local dealer is quoting approx 23 weeks for an R-Line

·
Registered
463 Posts
Do we know why the change in lead times ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
As posted in other threads, I ordered on the 20th of JUNE, still no confirmed production week.

So I'm pretty heartbroken....

190tdi R-line 4 motion, fully loaded apart from leather, HUD, DCC, dynaudio.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
raven1483 said:
As posted in other threads, I ordered on the 20th of JUNE, still no confirmed production week.

So I'm pretty heartbroken....

190tdi R-line 4 motion, fully loaded apart from leather, HUD, DCC, dynaudio.
I would be... I sympathise with you mate :( The only thing I can say the wait will be worth it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ordered my R Line on the 12th of September.
Build week was 45, then 46 and now 51 :( .I don't know what the hold up is. Only consolation is our dealer is going to loan us a car from Xmas on as we are taking the ferry to Ireland and our A5 coupe is not very practical for a 6 month old baby.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's me been told I'm scheduled for build week 50. It was through online chat but still not been updated on my VW owners page. Car was ordere 29 sept btw.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts