Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have progressive steering on their new Tiguan? How does it feel?How would you rate the progressive steering and would you get this option again, if you were to purchase another car? How does it compare to normal steering? I'm in the process of ordering my tiguan. SEL 2.0 TSI BMT 4MOTION 180PS AUTO DSG.
Thanks

·
Registered
463 Posts
Feels heavier on motorway, lock to lock wheel turn is reduced so more "flickable" through bends. A nice to have rather than essential like so many options.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Your welcome

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'll second what Beagler has commented and although my wife has not taken delivery of her Tiguan Mk2 I did research this option.

I would also add that at £195.00 or so for this option its neither here or there cost wise, but if it offers a more reassuring 'heavier' steering when cruising then it will pay for itself!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Standard options include "Power assisted steering, speed sensitive" which should give the steering weight change a different speeds, the optional progressive steering changes the rotational amount based speed i.e. you actually need to turn less at a lower speed to help with parking and so on.....or at least that's my understanding.

Progressive steering.
Steering support that's ahead of the curve.
Progressive steering, available on request in the new Tiguan makes both day-to-day driving and challenging manoeuvring easier than ever. Look forward to hassle-free parking, precise handling at high speeds and a more dynamic drive on bends.

http://tiguan.volkswagen.com/int/en/home/highlights?section=comfort

·
Registered
463 Posts
I had a 2012 Tig and compared to the new one it this has noticeably heavier steering on the motorway in my view.

·
Registered
339 Posts
"precise handling at high speeds".......weighted steering ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the advise and info I will most probably go for this option. Most of my driving is urban as I live in London it sounds like progressive steering should make manoeuvring easier. Does it take any getting use to ? A YouTube video seems to show that both hands remain on the steering wheel during all manoeuvres which looks slightly awkward.

·
Registered
463 Posts
GTD184 said:
How do you find yours on the motorway?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Beagler said:
GTD184 said:
How do you find yours on the motorway?
6 weeks on from order and Wife has not even got a build date yet! :oops: But I am hoping as you commented that "progressive steering" gives a more reassuring drive at motorway speeds and easier manoeuvring driving in the city ;)

·
Registered
420 Posts
The weight of the steering on ours without it on the motorway is no issue can't imagine progressive would make me go oh wow this is so much better! I've had just the weighted one and progressive, well BMW's versions of it, it's by no means an essential option imho, but assists a little in the tighter corners and low speed manoeuvres, again made no conscious difference on the mway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.