Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry if this slightly repeats a question I may have asked previously, but I'm still debating about adding the progressive steering option on to a Tiguan!

Dealer isn't givign a convincing description of real life workings, and the VW description is very vague too (as I think the stock steering alters weighting vs speed).

I'm mainly concerned about weighting and if you are able to alter it in menu options - normally a Sport mode in the options would increase throttle response and weight the steering - does the Tiguan have this?

If it does, is the setting available and work the same with the progressive steering option? I've read that it gets light at low speed for easy manourvreing, but how light? silly light?

·
Registered
953 Posts
I thought it was standard! But I may be wrong! It takes a bit of getting used to but after a while you don't notice it's there

·
Registered
485 Posts
My understanding was that the further you turn it, the faster it turns the wheels. So instead of 3 turns lock to lock, it might only be 1.5 turns. No?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tig16; as it's standard on the R-Line (I think!), do you like the steering feel and weight on yours?

·
Registered
182 Posts
c_w said:
Tig16; as it's standard on the R-Line (I think!), do you like the steering feel and weight on yours?
It's not standard on the R Line I haven't got it....sorry.. There is a member with it listed in his profile and that's Beagler. maybe send him a private message...and ask him what he thinks..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts