Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goodevening

Is there anybody who took the option "progressive steering" ?

What do you think of this option? is the TIG steering better?

Joris

·
Registered
463 Posts
I did, makes it more flickable and fun through the twisty bits especially combined with Sport Mode.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes I did too.
It adapts dynamically, reducing the number of turns required for full-lock.
It also makes things fun in Sport Mode by making the turns razor sharp.
I've also noticed that it stiffens the steering wheel at speed - although not sure if standard steering option does this too.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Nobody including dealers can give a proper direct comparison with the standard steering so I left it off the options. The dealer didn't understand what it was for, and when asking a colleague they starting talking about lane assistance, so gave up.

BMW do a similar steering and it doesn't get great reviews due to the variable nature of the rack. For me steering weight is important, and the stock steering should weight up at speed. I do like the idea of a quicker steering rack at slower speed though but just afraid of the feel of it changing at higher speed/feeling weird.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have driven a Tiguan RLine with and without this option and I prefer it with it.

It is easier at low speeds without feeling different
There is also less turns lock to lock, therefore it is more precise.

At speed the steering is still direct with a more solid stable feeling especially at motorway speed

There is definitely a more sports handeling feeling, that's why I added it my car.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't notice any difference in "switching" at higher speeds - it appears to be seamless.
It certainly makes a big difference when parking a larger car - it makes the Tiggy very nimble indeed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Progressive steering has been standard on Golf GTi's for many years so you can try it out on one of those.
I love it and think its well worth the money. Definitely a bonus for the lighter steering at lower speeds and less twerling required when parking.
Love it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts