Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Been a regular VW owner over the years, mainly Golfs, but a couple of Sharans on Motability (for my son). Currently got a Golf Match 1.6tdi (2015) and Sharan SE 2.0tdi (2015), but the Golf is going as I've changed jobs.

Spec'd up the 1.4 150 SE with:

- Adaptive Cruise
- Park Assist with Canera
- Active Info Display
- Tyre Pressure Monitor

Anyone got the 1.4? Having a quick scan shows that most of you have gone for the bigger engines, and most car reviews feature these engines, not the 1.4. Carwow offering £2680 (plus £1000 from VW on PCP)

The 2.0tdi is just over £2k dearer, and starts to add up on PCP.

Appreciate any info you've got. Ta

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi again. Just done a bit of maths comparing the 1.4tsi and 2.0tdi think I'm going to average around 15k per annum, and over a 48 month term, the monthly difference through VW PCP is about £20 per month (2.0tdi dearer). I reckon I'll save that on fuel costs based on some extrapolated consumption rates, but final payment is £1100 dearer, assuming I purchase it.

Based on my miles, what would you recommend?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi and welcome.

I have a 2.0 TDI. It's really frugal around town and on A roads but get it above 80 and it uses about the same fuel as my 2.0 petrol Golf. So if you drive fast on the motorway then you'll use more fuel than you think. Mind you the same is probably true of the 1.4 and it's likely the big front end causing drag.

I'd stretch to the diesel if you can though. The Tiguan is a heavy car but the 150 bhp diesel shifts it effortlessly and in a relaxed manor. I imagine the 1.4 will feel strained and need revving.

Also, the diesel will hold its value longer so, despite a higher final payment, it should cost you less in depreciation in the long run. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.