Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Delayed my order because of a toss up between 4Motion or HUD.

This is a business lease, which mostly gets used for commute purposes... So I'm trying to way up the practicality of 4Motion, over the toys.

I've already thrown in a few options, and because it's on a 2 (to possibly 3) year lease, I'm not exactly wanting to go overboard with the spec.

So far I've picked SEL 150, Indium Grey, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Park Assist/ Rear Camera/ Electric Tailgate, DSG and either 4Motion or HUD.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Yep, same as Kris.....4motion over hud, for safety more than anything ;) :) ....nice colour choice :p

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Well I have both 4Motion and HUD, and I really wouldn't want to be without either, but if push came to shove then 4Motion would just take it. ;)

Steve

·
Registered
463 Posts
As above but I tow a caravan. Even if I didnt, as per steve above.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm the same, I'm on business lease and I' went for much the same as you but added got HUD, ACC, AID but didn't go for the 4montion due to the decrease in mpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
4motion comes with any of the 4wd TDI engine options, right? It's not then an extra option after selecting a 4wd engine?

I only ask because the website configurator says the engine I asked for is 4motion - but the pdf brochure doesn't mention 4motion anywhere, it just says 4wd. So now I'm worried - have a missed something?

I requested the 190ps 4wd tdi.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Read terriers latest snow post, if you live some where were you have a good chance of being stuck in the next three winters then it,s got to 4motion. It's a great car enjoy

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
shadowcaptain said:
4motion comes with any of the 4wd TDI engine options, right? It's not then an extra option after selecting a 4wd engine?

I only ask because the website configurator says the engine I asked for is 4motion - but the pdf brochure doesn't mention 4motion anywhere, it just says 4wd. So now I'm worried - have a missed something?

I requested the 190ps 4wd tdi.
4motion = 4wd, it's VW's brand for it's version of 4wd, including the haldex differential that distributes the drive front to rear. If you've ordered 4wd engine option you'll see the 4motion badge on the rear and on the gear shift.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tricky said:
4motion = 4wd, it's VW's brand for it's version of 4wd, including the haldex differential that distributes the drive front to rear. If you've ordered 4wd engine option you'll see the 4motion badge on the rear and on the gear shift.
Thanks - I was so certain that was the case, but the lack of mentions of 4motion in my brochure and the talk here of it being an optional extra made my head spin a bit last night. I'd just received an email with my build week - 51. So I should have my tig mid Jan, so hopefully the worse of the weather holds back until then.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks for reading the post.
Having that little bit of extra grip on the road is re-assuring. Not just in the snow but when we get those sudden downpours - especially when the clowns all around you are still driving like lunatics through the swathes of water and then realise their breaking distances have suddenly increased threefold.

I have aquaplaned in a car (and that was a heavy A 4 Audi estate) - its is scary - as suddenly you have no control over your destiny.....and those LGv's look very large as you head to hit them !

On a lease you have the luxury of 3 years and then getting shut if you don't like. I bought mine with the need to keep much longer and as per the snow tale I bought it with that specifically in mind...

The Hud is a nice piece of kit.....but safety over toys comes first for me. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts