Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I am about to order a 2.0 SEL DSG 4wd in carribean blue, and I'm super excited. I had a couple of quick questions

1. Is the Dynaudio system worth the extra £500? Is anyone disappointed with the standard system? I can afford the extra money, but I don't want to spend it if he difference is negligible

2. Below is my spec, is there anything essential that I am missing, or unnecessary from your experiences?

2.0 Tsi SEL DSG 4wd
Carribean blue
Standard alloys
Cloth interior
Heated steering wheel
Heated front windscreen
Keyless entry & tailgait openkng
Wireless smartphone charger (I need this to get the heated screen)
Tyre pressure monitor
Park assist w rear view camera
Rubber floor mats (front and back)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
:idea: :idea: :arrow: If two of you would be driving I would go for the Leather electric seat with memory........as every time you swap.... the seat, door mirrors & your personal settings set to your key fob :cool: :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Looks like a pretty comprehensive spec to me, but can't comment from experience as I haven't got mine yet - I'm very jealous of the heated front screen as that was one I 'll really miss from my current car and it's only just become available & too late for my order.... hey ho..., scraping ice and waiting an age to de-mist are all good for the soul I suppose!
Enjoy !

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Malcm59 said:
Looks like a pretty comprehensive spec to me, but can't comment from experience as I haven't got mine yet - I'm very jealous of the heated front screen as that was one I 'll really miss from my current car and it's only just become available & too late for my order.... hey ho..., scraping ice and waiting an age to de-mist are all good for the soul I suppose!
Enjoy !
Hi 'Malcm59'....to be honest, I find when you put it on the front screen blower mode it de-frosts pretty quick.....me personally for the amount of times we get severe ice/frost in the uk would rather put my money into something else on the tig I would use more frequently......having said that being retired and not having to get up early mornings for work, I let the sun defrost it :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree, the memory seats would be super useful, and if it were £500 I would do it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately I dont want to pay the 1500 for leather (we don't want leather due to car seats/ summer short burn) just to get the memory function. It's not too bad on our current cars, as we have mirrors very similar anyway, so only move the seat

As for heated windscreen, we have it on our focus, and it's great. It is pricey (over 600 with the smartphone thing) but if regret not having it

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sounds a great spec. My only suggestion is that if you are going for rubber mats I would have the full protection pack so you get the mud flaps as well and a discount on total price. The mud flaps really make a difference. I was driving over a wet muddy field and my car was relatively clean whereas my mates was covered in mud!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
salmonfisher said:
Sounds a great spec. My only suggestion is that if you are going for rubber mats I would have the full protection pack so you get the mud flaps as well and a discount on total price. The mud flaps really make a difference. I was driving over a wet muddy field and my car was relatively clean whereas my mates was covered in mud!
Would these make much difference on the road? The mosoffroad we go is the annual trip to centre parks :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
They still keep the spray down. You also get the boot liner which I find useful if you carry muddy things like boots which I do. At the end of the day its all a balancing act as to what is worth it. For example I wouldn't be bothered re heated steering wheel and I hate keyless entry - you would have to pay me to have it - I have the electric boot which is great you just press the key and I don't miss waving my foot.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
NoHopeNoFear said:
salmonfisher said:
Would these make much difference on the road? The mosoffroad we go is the annual trip to centre parks :)
I have them as part of the protection pack, and all of my driving so far has been on the normal road. I can say for definite that even just on the road, they make all the difference, and I wouldn't have a car now without them.

Steve

·
Registered
432 Posts
NoHopeNoFear said:
Hi everyone

I am about to order a 2.0 SEL DSG 4wd in carribean blue, and I'm super excited. I had a couple of quick questions

1. Is the Dynaudio system worth the extra £500? Is anyone disappointed with the standard system? I can afford the extra money, but I don't want to spend it if he difference is negligible

2. Below is my spec, is there anything essential that I am missing, or unnecessary from your experiences?

2.0 Tsi SEL DSG 4wd
Carribean blue
Standard alloys
Cloth interior
Heated steering wheel
Heated front windscreen
Keyless entry & tailgait openkng
Wireless smartphone charger (I need this to get the heated screen)
Tyre pressure monitor
Park assist w rear view camera
Rubber floor mats (front and back)
Before I ordered my RLine I watched a You tube review done by a German motoring magazine and the reviewer describe the Dyaudio system as amazing the best he had heard and something he would only expect in much more expensive car so I went for it. I believe however that you lose the spare wheel as the subwoofer is located under the boot lid where the spare tyre would usually be.

The leather seat upgrade option also includes the memory function including door mirrors so I thought that was reasonably good value as my wife and myself will both be driving and there is big difference in our physics and she always complains when I don't put things back when I'm finished.

Hope this helps.

Tim

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info guys, some food for thought.

My wife is taller than me ( 5ft7 vs 5ft10) but I don't think we'll need any more adjustment than moving the seat, can't justify 1500 for that

I'm seriously considering the mudguards now, I'll play with the Configurator again

As for the stereo I think I'll Leave it as standard, purely because of losing the spare wheel. Although I am big on my music and would love the better stereo, I've had 2 situations in the last 3 years when I needed a spare - once a tyre with 2 big nails in, and the other a puncture caused by a huge sharp stone in the tyre

·
Registered
244 Posts
Would never go without a spare again - had a car with just the "repair kit" a few years ago. Absolutely bloody useless !
After half an hour on the hard shoulder buggering about to take off the tyre valve then pump in the magic fluid, then reinserted the valve and attempted to re inflate the tyre with an electric pump, only to see said magic fluid spraying out of the puncture hole. One trip to the nearest Kwik Fit, courtesy of the AA, and young Kevin at KF wasn't too pleased to have a litre of magic fluid fall out of the tyre all over his shoes when he took the tyre off the rim !
That was a bad day !

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi, Ive got the R Line 180 4motion together with dynaudio and it is fitted with a spare wheel albeit a skinny one and the sub woofer sits inside. I believe the spare is only missing on the 240ps model ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
190PS Rline here and can confirm as Malcolely37 says that there is a space saving spare wheel.

As far as quality of sound goes it is very good and better than was in my previous Mk7 Golf GTI with Dynaudio.

Unfortunately cant comment on the quality against the standard (non Dynaudio) system in the Tiguan.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Malcm59 - that made me chortle

Dr miles - we will go for the 2 litre petrol

·
Registered
88 Posts
In that case, forget the Dynaudio and put the money towards more power ;)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Malcolely37 said:
Hi, Ive got the R Line 180 4motion together with dynaudio and it is fitted with a spare wheel albeit a skinny one and the sub woofer sits inside. I believe the spare is only missing on the 240ps model ?
Thanks for confirming that Malcolely37, wasn't certain as every time I saw a pic of a Dynaudio fitted you couldn't see a spare.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think the reason why there is no spare wheel fitted is due to the battery being fitted in the boot of the 240ps versions and not the dynaudio system.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mmmmmmm.....

A spare wheel or a "sub-woofer"?

Decisions decisions.....
Call me a luddite (perhaps for the second time on this forum), but i will live without a subwoofer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts