Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Funny how you are not allowed by law to take your eyes of the road to touch you phone, even for a second, yet full touch infotainments are allowed on British roads, just as distracting if not more under certain situations.

I also think the Digital signage along roadsides need to go, some are so bright they are a distraction at times.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Funny how you are not allowed by law to take your eyes of the road to touch you phone, even for a second, yet full touch infotainments are allowed on British roads just as distracting if not more under certain situations.
I agree although I wouldn't say it was allowed. If you cause an accident by taking your eyes off the road to press the touch infotainment screen you may well be prosecuted.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi John, yes you are right it is down to personal choice and I’m a little old school and like buttons,
i‘m not sure about going for one when it’s due for change and I’ll look around at other brands, someone on here on another thread has gone for the new Kia Sportage but I might look at an Audi Q3 Black Edition as my daughter works for Audi so there’s plenty out there to choose from,
Hi Stevie,

you mentioned the Q3, I’ve had the latest generation S3 and you’ll find one very frustrating omission, the lack of back lighting on the temp, fan etc controls - can’t see them in the dark 🙄

·
Registered
146 Posts
One more thing that looks and is cheaper on the facelift r line: the steering wheel.....

·
Registered
146 Posts
New steering wheel has plastic everywhere (look at the fake chrome part) , while the prefacelift had some kind of metal plus it was better looking

Reactions: Sparkie1984

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
New steering wheel has plastic everywhere (look at the fake chrome part) , while the prefacelift had some kind of metal plus it was better looking
Personally not a fan of the old one, bit disappointed at the colour change lights only being in the doors while the handles and footwells are just white, not sure if the old tiggy was the same?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Personally not a fan of the old one, bit disappointed at the colour change lights only being in the doors while the handles and footwells are just white, not sure if the old tiggy was the same?
I am hoping I can piggy back onto the existing system somehow and add some additional rgb lights to allow a colour change in conjunction with the door trim lights or better yet have custom colours elsewhere.. I am sure some models had areas that could be set individually.

Think I am really going to miss this interior. :(

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ahhhhh forgot to mention one more cost cutting from VW between the pre and the facelifted model which really pissed me off. The removal of the rear seats folding tables

·
Registered
R Line Tech 1.5tsi dsg in Deep Pearl Black
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Ahhhhh forgot to mention one more cost cutting from VW between the pre and the facelifted model which really pissed me off. The removal of the rear seats folding tables
Yeah I noticed that, I don’t use them as I don’t have youngsters but really handy for them

·
Registered
Allspace R line 245 Tsi 4motion DSG
2,403 Posts
Yes, definitely cost cutting there.
Though I discovered today that I can now have Android Auto running and have full screen Nav on the Dash display at the same time

·
Registered
13 Posts
The joy of having a clock in the Speedo section is a plus on the facelift. The MK2 only had one on the infotainment screen which would disappear with navigation etc. I remember loads of comments on here about the issue. The back trays are not a miss. One lean and off it pinged

·
Registered
13 Posts
Speedometer Vehicle Plant Car Gauge

On the facelift it is top middle.,,👍

41 - 59 of 59 Posts