Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my car last night after a wait since the end of august.

Dealer have been amazing at this final stage, delivered Monday this week, signed paperwork Thursday and said they could get it ready for Saturday morning. Super pleased I then got a phone call last night to say it was ready if I wanted to collect and the lady doing the handover was quite happy to stay behind to wait for me.

Did 60 mile messing around last night but first impressions are very positive. It has unbelievable road presence and I can see everyone wondering what it is.

Interior is a lovely place to be, spacious, high quality and all the tech I could dream of. Engine is silent and works seamlessly with the 7 speed dsg. Just let it do its thing. Averaged 40mpg last night which seemed fine for the type of driving I was doing.

Definitely needed to give the majority of the 431 manual a read though and that's from someone who loves tech and has the virtual cockpit in the wife's tt. I can only imagine how my father would get on :roll: Think I've worked most of it out now though.

Apple car play is brilliant. Love being able to use apple maps and use Spotify properly.

Just taken one pic so far, will put up some more once I've given it a proper detail. Bit early today, neighbours will think I've gone mad :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nice car - and well done on taking the leap of faith buying one.
Had mine just over 2 months now.....and I am still making excuses to "pop out" to the shops to add to the collection of tinned peas ....

You will not be disappointed with the car !

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Good one Winrya, looks :cool: ...Happy Christmas 'enjoy' :)

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Congrats Winrya, that's one smart looker you've got there :)

Steve

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys

Just noticed it doesn't have the usual Pirelli tyres. It has continental sport contact 5 SUV which seem to get brilliant reviews. Seem very grippy for this type of car :D

Ryan

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oh hell yeah Winrya, look so nice, getting me more excited for mine!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Congrats Winrya,
That's a nice gift for Christmas :D

·
Registered
387 Posts
That looks great Winrya,

Have a great time and enjoy

Regards

Earl

·
Registered
22 Posts
Winrya said:
Picked up my car last night after a wait since the end of august.

Dealer have been amazing at this final stage, delivered Monday this week, signed paperwork Thursday and said they could get it ready for Saturday morning. Super pleased I then got a phone call last night to say it was ready if I wanted to collect and the lady doing the handover was quite happy to stay behind to wait for me.

Did 60 mile messing around last night but first impressions are very positive. It has unbelievable road presence and I can see everyone wondering what it is.

Interior is a lovely place to be, spacious, high quality and all the tech I could dream of. Engine is silent and works seamlessly with the 7 speed dsg. Just let it do its thing. Averaged 40mpg last night which seemed fine for the type of driving I was doing.

Definitely needed to give the majority of the 431 manual a read though and that's from someone who loves tech and has the virtual cockpit in the wife's tt. I can only imagine how my father would get on :roll: Think I've worked most of it out now though.

Apple car play is brilliant. Love being able to use apple maps and use Spotify properly.

Just taken one pic so far, will put up some more once I've given it a proper detail. Bit early today, neighbours will think I've gone mad :D

Car looks awesome.

I'm still waiting for delivery of my R Line, how long after online tracker changed to 'in transit' did yours take to arrive?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thursday the 1st it changed to made and 4 weeks away (stage 5a)
Sat 3rd 3 weeks away (stage 5b)
Wed 7th 10 days away (stage 5c)
Friday 9th in uk and 7 days away (stage 6)
Monday 12th at dealer (stage 7)
Friday 16th collected

·
Registered
117 Posts
I seen ur picture on instagram , as I said stunning car , just wondering how come ur tracker is saying stage 5 abc etc , all I see is the in transit stage 5

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha cheers

From reading on golf forums. Stage 5 has 3 stages which you can work out from the timescales it gives you

4 weeks is built and on it's way to emdem.
3 weeks is waiting at emdem for boat
10 days is when it's on the boat (23hr crossing)
And then goes stage 6 (7 days) when they take it off the boat

Luckily in my case the timescales are much quicker than they quote although I've seen others take the full 4 weeks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Had the car 4 weeks so far and absolutely loving it. Totally exceeded my expectations. Biggest shock I think is the ride and handling. Super comfy yet it goes round the bends like it has no rights too. Diesel is really quiet after being a little rough at first. 600 miles in and it's really bedded in. Performance is absolutely ample too. Fuel consumption isn't great yet but then heated seats are always on and past couple of weeks have been short journeys. Only slight annoyance is the stop start is over sensitive and kicks in when I don't want it to. The wife's s tronic tt requires a much firmer press of the pedal to switch the engine off. Managed to give the Tiguan and the wife's tt a wash this morning. Weather is dull but the white manages to brighten the pictures. Took a few pics...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great looking rides, both of them! Love the LED headlights on the Tiguan, look so cool at night.

Agree with you abou the stop/start system. It's overly aggressive when coming to a halt at lights and/or in traffic. Would like for it to only activate when at a total stop for at least 2 seconds and the break pedal firmly held.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Really does look awesome..especially at night witha backdrop like that!!! .going home to look at mine. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts