Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Collected my White R-line today after 7 months plus wait. Car is great-as I was inspecting car at home after leaving dealership-I saw that the drivers door lower moulding was scratched as if door was opened into wall. It's a little rough to touchJust wondering does anybody body know if this part can be ordered separately to door, it appears it's an add on. And if so does it come pre painted in desired colour. I know it's small but it's grinding on me. The moulding do stick out a little on R- line so are prone to damage I would think. The car is going on to retailer Monday for ceramic coating so maybe he could fix but I'm just being cautious.

Thanks

Attachments

Registered
Firstly I would be straight back to the dealers if it was me.... secondly the moulding does not come pre painted, therefore you would need to have it done in a bodyshop. Wouldnt give you a factory finish, no matter how good they are. Personally I would leave it. The ceramic coating will smooth it out.

&#x1f44d-1f3fb;馃榾

Registered
Also, now I have looked closer, It may just be some residule glue from the protective stuff while un transit... I had some on my rear bumper, tried a little bit of polish and it came off.

Registered
Phew! I feel genuine relief on your behalf 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that guys definitely not the glue anyway-more a wall hard to make out from pics. I'm thinking your right about leaving it and hopefully the detailer can make it some bit good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts