Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I wanted to know if anyone else is having the same trouble with their ordering of the R-line tiguan.
I ordered mine on the 3rd of Oct through a main dealer with an estimated delivery time of late December.
I have tracked my order but has not moved. I contacted the main dealer about a month ago and they said it would now be Feb and that I should check again the following week. I left it for 2 weeks and enquired again to be told it would now be April. today I went on the VW live chat and they say May.
That seems along wait to me.
Any input welcome

·
Registered
88 Posts
Reading a load of these threads, it seems to me that's it's the engine choice as much as anything that determines how long it'll take....

·
Registered
157 Posts
We ordered our R-Line on the 12th November and have an provisional build date of week 7 next year. The dealer quoted 20 weeks delivery at the time of ordering.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My dealer told me that r line orders have exceeded expectations and hence most dealers are quoting 6 months waiting list. Basically not enough build slots to go around

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Thinks this goes to show what a good design, mean looker this new Tig is :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
123 Posts
diesels have a lot longer wait time over 2 months more than petrol tiguans

·
Registered
37 Posts
My R line was ordered 29 Sept and originally had a week 50 slot (unconfirmed).....it's still unconfirmed and latest is more like a week 8 (2017) slot the dealer suggests, but as it's still unconfirmed, I am not holding my breath.

I too got the "they have been more popular than expected" line from the dealer today....but whilst I can buy into that (it's a great looking car after all, as we all know!), there's no excuse for waiting 3 months before telling the customer!! They knew on the day I ordered exactly how many were on order surely, and it's up to them to secure the appropriate factory line time to keep up with demand...they have been making cars for a while now!

The cynic in me ungenerously suspects that it's in their interest to say the waiting list is 12-14 weeks at time of order and then only admit it's much longer when the customer is 3 months down the line and is much less likely to bail out!! Still....the Discovery Sport had a waiting list of 7 months, so I'm still hoping I will have one before that....won't I?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered mine about a week ago and it's down for a Wk 3 build and delivery end of Feb so about 12 weeks in all. I've heard that both the R line and Auto box elements are two things they can't make enough of to keep up so I think it boils down to the details of your order.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If it wasn't for Christmas I think mine would have been 60 days.... ordered 4/11 and it's in the country on the way to the dealers right now....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered my R-Line from Inchcape Chester on the 12th October and took delivery on 29th November. No problems whatsoever, except it arriving with a dent in the bonnet and some of the chrome trim falling off after a day. Maybe that's why it arrived so quickly as VW cut a few corners when putting it together!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Standard white R-Line with no extras, I'd have liked some but can't really justify the price of them on such a high spec car, especially as it's on a lease. Added to the fact I got it for just £249.99 a month I thought I'd got a proper bargain!

I Didn't notice the dent at first as the car turned up just as it was getting dark. Inchcape have said it'll get sorted and the local VW dealer is sorting the missing chrome that fell off under warranty. No complaints really - as long as they sort it. Not worth the hassle of rejecting it really.

·
Registered
835 Posts
sjorlo said:
Standard white R-Line with no extras, I'd have liked some but can't really justify the price of them on such a high spec car, especially as it's on a lease. Added to the fact I got it for just £249.99 a month I thought I'd got a proper bargain!

I Didn't notice the dent at first as the car turned up just as it was getting dark. Inchcape have said it'll get sorted and the local VW dealer is sorting the missing chrome that fell off under warranty. No complaints really - as long as they sort it. Not worth the hassle of rejecting it really.
If like me dealer, rejecting couldnt have been easier. in fact I couldnt fault them.
We went in, said we werent happy, gave reasons , say we were rejecting, gave keys in. ordered another one :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Negativepitch said:
sjorlo said:

If like me dealer, rejecting couldnt have been easier. in fact I couldnt fault them.
We went in, said we werent happy, gave reasons , say we were rejecting, gave keys in. ordered another one :)
Yeah, rejecting the car and waiting another 6-12 weeks for a new one (plus having to pay any admin charges my insurance might charge for changing policy details) just for a small dent in the bonnet the size of a pea (which they've said they'll sort) would seem a bit over the top to me.

Fair enough if there were issues like rattles or actual faults but it in no way spoils my enjoyment of the car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ordered 29 Sept also - Live Chat have now informed me i have a provisional build of week 10 2017 so basically that a 6 month wait!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts