Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Old topic I know but has anybody tried to customise the standard Tig mud flaps to fit an RLine. I am planning to ask my dealer if they would at least let me offer some up to my RLine to see if modification was possible before buying. I would like to try this before opting for universal ones that may look out of place.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Spoke to my dealer today and he let me try some front mud flaps against my R Line and other than a protruding rubber fixing mount on the bottom edge of the flap it appeared that they follow the R Line wheel arch perfectly. He didn't have any rear ones in but will order some in for me to try tomorrow. If they are as close as the front ones I will most likely take the plung and buy them and carry out some adjustments to get them to fit.

I have considered using the universal slab style but not convinced they will look right.

I let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Timbo said:
Spoke to my dealer today and he let me try some front mud flaps against my R Line and other than a protruding rubber fixing mount on the bottom edge of the flap it appeared that they follow the R Line wheel arch perfectly. He didn't have any rear ones in but will order some in for me to try tomorrow. If they are as close as the front ones I will most likely take the plung and buy them and carry out some adjustments to get them to fit.

I have considered using the universal slab style but not convinced they will look right.

I let you know how I get on.
Dont forget part numbers if they all fit 😍
Cheers!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately not going to work out. Tried front and back but came to the conclusion that to much alteration was required to get the mud flaps to fit and no obvious way of securing without having to drill the plastic wheel arch moulding. At £116 for the 4 a bit of a gamble.

Back to the drawing board I guess.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Coming from the states and stated delivery date is May 15th :( :( . I'll post pics if successful.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Timbo said:
I have a set of ones from eBay but not yet fitted. The rear ones I have appear be slightly different to these as they don't have the recess for the bottom screw and has a small plastic strip which don't line up with the mounting hole. These look more suitable. Would it be possible if you could post a couple of pictures of these when you get them (before fitting), especially of the front/rear lower mounting point. Thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Will do but probably won't get them delivered until mid May.

Tim

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mud flaps arrived today, tried to trim them to fit R Line profile but no good looked rubbish. I couldn't trim sufficiently without leaving a gaps that looked rubbish. No harm done at £26 instead of the £116 official ones.

I guess it will have to be something like Rally Armor universals.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Did they look OK quality wise and did the rear have the correct lower mounting as per the picture. Also did they look like you would have to screw them onto the arch. Not looking to fit them on an R-Line just onto my 150 TDi S. Thought they may be a better fit than the ones I purchased

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rockman2 said:
Did they look OK quality wise and did the rear have the correct lower mounting as per the picture. Also did they look like you would have to screw them onto the arch. Not looking to fit them on an R-Line just onto my 150 TDi S. Thought they may be a better fit than the ones I purchased
You could tell the difference in quality between these and the official ones from VW. They did have the lower mounting points and pre drilled holes but as the R Line has a different wheel arch and cill profile hard to say if they would be a good fit for other models. If I was to buy for non R Line I would definately buy the official VW ones as they do looked quality and the profile fit is guaranteed if not a bit pricey. :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok, so i while back i ordered some flaps for my r-line i found them at www.hova.com not sure if they ship international but for the scandinavians it works.
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Automotive tire Bumper

Being universal some cutting was requierd of course, but i think the end result was ok, could have spent more time cutting and trimming of course, but i settled for this now.
Automotive parking light Automotive side-view mirror Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive tail & brake light

Wheel Tire Helmet Automotive tire Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Might be the angle of the photo but the front ones don't look straight. I bought rally armor basics which as yet I've only trial fitted on the back. Hope to have time to finish the job shortly. Yours will look more OE than mine as yours have a moulded edge.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dave9_3 said:
Might be the angle of the photo but the front ones don't look straight. I bought rally armor basics which as yet I've only trial fitted on the back. Hope to have time to finish the job shortly. Yours will look more OE than mine as yours have a moulded edge.
No, your sighting is correct, it needs even more cutting to get them straight but after testing putting them on and off and cutting in between i gave up and left it as is.
The good thing of them being like this is that it will catch more dirt when turning. :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
there are official rline mudflaps, the front are 64 gbp, but dealer had a look on his computer and only a few in stock at dealers in germany, not one set it the uk. So I took the plunge and order a cheap 14.99 universal set from amazon that should be here weds, then I will try to mold them in shape using hot water and brute force. It might work it might not, but with no official ones instock at uk vw, or vw hq, I thought it was worth a try.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts