Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Correct, i had same issue with my previous Audi S-Line A4 & Q5. It was a real problem in winter. I and quite a few others fitted standard mud flaps to the front with a little adjustment to the mud flaps with a sharp knife. The rear mud flaps required too much modification to be practical. The front flaps were quite effective in protecting the sides & sills, and didn't look out of place without the rear flaps. You may find that the standard front flaps are an option on the R-Line with a little adjustment. Best of luck, the mud flap issue was one reason I opted for the SEL.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes my Last car was an A4 SLine avant & I also fitted standard mud flaps. But my local VW franchise says that they definitely will not fit the R Line, may have to try & modify the standard one to fit !!

·
Registered
157 Posts
ronjack said:
I've fitted rally armor universal black to my R line and they look good and keep the car a lot cleaner.
A rather sad request.. but do you have a picture of the R Line with these fitted? :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
ronjack said:
I've fitted rally armor universal black to my R line and they look good and keep the car a lot cleaner.
Pics pls :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm disappointed I can't get mud flaps for R-Line. I know lots of people have the opinion that they spoil the look, but black mud flaps on a white car seem to work. They have always protected the body work on my current Golf - so much easier to clean collected mud from the flaps rather then down side of the car.

·
Registered
91 Posts
ronjack said:
I've just bought the same flaps. Did you make use of any of the existing wheel arch fixings to secure them? Was thinking of using spire clips and screws over the wheel arch trims, but would welcome your input as to how you fitted them. Any photos you have of the completed fitment would be greatly appreciated by me and many other RLine owners who would like to fit flaps.

·
Registered
123 Posts
show us all some pics when you have them fitted , my white R line is desperately calling out for some ive never seen the back and bottom half of a car get so dirty so quickly , its ridiculous !

·
Registered
432 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hoping by bumping this thread, we might get some pics of these R line mudflaps.

Ronjack....I recall you were going to kindly take a pic or two of yours fitted to the R line? Greatly appreciated if you could :D

(Delivery of new R Line tomorrow and roads still looking filthy!)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts