Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had our New shape Tiguan R line for 6 days now.
Has anyone else had the white stitching on the edge of the drivers seat and also the passenger seat start to fray after getting in and out?
I have only been in and out of the car 8 times, and Im not a big chap.
And my wife in and out twice on the passenger side, although the passenger side is only very very very slight.

The other thing is the parking sensors, I have all or nothing warnings, nothing in between, we do have the look around view camera option, but I shouldnt think that makes much difference.
Thanks for any replies.

EDIT: Sorry I just realised I posted in the wrong section, please move if needed.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Are they Cloth or Leather 'Negativepitch' :?: :?:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stumpy said:
Are they Cloth or Leather 'Negativepitch' :?: :?:
Good point :D Sorry about that.
They are cloth.
Its the actual stitching, the fibres of the stitching are starting to brake away already, not much, but after only a few days seams a bit to quick.
Its as if its had a good bit of rubbing over it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi there, I have asked the same question on a French forum and so far, it seems this is a one off as nobody reported a similar issue.
I'll keep you posted should I hear anything

·
Registered
202 Posts
DonTim said:
Hi there, I have asked the same question on a French forum and so far, it seems this is a one off as nobody reported a similar issue.
hi DonTim - i would be interested in having a look at the french forum....is it possible to post the link.

thanks

Jon

·
Registered
37 Posts
JonP said:
DonTim said:
hi DonTim - i would be interested in having a look at the french forum....is it possible to post the link.

thanks

Jon
Hey Jon,

We have several very active forums but those are the ones I check regularly:
http://www.forum-auto.com/marques/volkswagen/debut-Tiguan.htm a bit messy but with more than 15'000 msgs on the Tiguan MK2 topic
http://www.foeaf.com/forum-tiguan/ not as active (roughly 2'500 messages) but very well managed

So plenty of information, pictures, etc. ;)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DonTim said:
Hi DonTim
That would be great if you could, I have emailed my dealer about it and am going to call in before they say its down to wear and tare.
It would be good to have feedback from others to take in with me just in case.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Negativepitch said:
DonTim said:
Hi DonTim
That would be great if you could, I have emailed my dealer about it and am going to call in before they say its down to wear and tare.
It would be good to have feedback from others to take in with me just in case.
Sure thing.
Let me get back to you as soon as I hear anything.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi there

I think I may have a solution to your problem.
I used to drive a Mk6 118TSI Golf with cloth seats. After using the car for a while I also noticed the fabric fibre starting to
frey. What I discovered was that some of the buttons on the back pockets of my pants had sharp edges or were broken
around the edges. Solution, remove all offending button's.
Problem solved!!!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TiGR162 said:
Hi there

I think I may have a solution to your problem.
I used to drive a Mk6 118TSI Golf with cloth seats. After using the car for a while I also noticed the fabric fibre starting to
frey. What I discovered was that some of the buttons on the back pockets of my pants had sharp edges or were broken
around the edges. Solution, remove all offending button's.
Problem solved!!!
:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.