Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
As I understand it any change or modification from the car's build spec (not just the standard configuration) would need to be notified to the insurers and that includes using a different set of wheels/tyres for the winter even if they are indeed the manufacturer's approved size and make. However, how would they know the actual build spec unless they need to find out for any reason. In this case as long as the parts fitted are all VW then that should be sufficient.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi all, I'm in the process of searching new summer tyres 255/40R20 for my BiTDi Allspace, and looking at the Pirelli Site, these Powergy ones don't come up as an option for my car, strange though.

So far, my options list is the following:

A. SUV Tyres

1. The same as now, the Conti's (750£)
2. The - old ones - Pirelli Scorpion Verde (615£)

B. Non SUV tyres

1. Bridgestone Potenza Sport (640£)
2. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 (710£)
3. Pirelli P-Zero PZ4 new (800£)
4. Falken Azenis FK510 (700£)

Tough decision what to choose.... I'm between Conti's or Bridgestone...

What is your opinion?
Should I stay on the satisfactory Conti's?

Should I try the Pirelli Scorpion Verde this time?

Should I switch to NON-SUV ones, but will there be any issues?

PS: Price is not an issue for me, plus the car is Stage 1 300HP/587NM at the moment.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am still on the original Pirelli Scorpion Verdes from new and done 30.5k miles and still decent tread left, I also had them on my previous Tig SEL in 19’s and done over 30k and seem a good solid tyre.

Reactions: topmar

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Ditto to the above and also had them on my SE Nav 18". After my 2 year lease on that was up the tread was still 6mm
Couldnt be happier with the Pirellis

Reactions: topmar
21 - 25 of 25 Posts