Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my R-line on 27th September and all I am getting is the sound of silence! Last I heard it was due around the end of April but I will chase that up again next week to confirm - or cancel and go get an E-Class! Has anyone had a worse experience?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Pumpbhoy said:
Ordered my R-line on 27th September and all I am getting is the sound of silence! Last I heard it was due around the end of April but I will chase that up again next week to confirm - or cancel and go get an E-Class! Has anyone had a worse experience?
What does the tracker say for your order ?
It probably suggests that your dealer has oversold their allocation, which means no build slots available with the factory.

You could cancel the order, locate and alternative dealer to see if they can do it quicker. Sadly, you won't really know until a new order is placed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I originally ordered at the end of August 2016 and like you was getting no updates (tracker was stuck on order with factory) and the dealer couldn't give me any answers. I got the deal through Carwow and like tekcom says I think the dealer massively oversold their allocation. About 4 weeks ago I cancelled my order as I had found another dealer with confirmed builds for unallocated R Lines so took one of them. The car has now landed in the UK so just waiting for transport to the dealer.

Its really frustrating when you see others have placed orders much later and seem to be getting build dates or even deliveries, all depends on the dealer I guess.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Pumpbhoy said:
I walked into listers evesham on the 1st October and ordered that same spec car and collected and drove away on the 10th October must be your car :lol: and I got a 4grand discount

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a lease deal so I can't track it, just phone the lease company for an update. And it's not with Listers so that's not mine. 😂

·
Registered
627 Posts
Pumpbhoy said:
It's a lease deal so I can't track it, just phone the lease company for an update. And it's not with Listers so that's not mine. 😂
I would ask them for the VW order number so you can see where it is at - you have no idea whether they have actually ordered it yet or not.

·
Registered
953 Posts
When I went to listers on the 1st oct I had the choice of about 30 new stock cars of all diferent specs throughout the country, the one that met my spec was in Perth Scotland, due to that listers pulled out all the stops with discount on the one I've got, the only difference is I ended with black the one colour I said I'd never have again, suggest you call another dealer and find out if there's any stock cars that meet your spec going, listers number is 01386 570714 ask for Joshua if that helps

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've emailed the lease company again (Vertu) to ask them to confirm build status. If it's on target for end of April delivery it should be built by now. Will see what they say but getting more than a little cheesed off by the delay... And fancy a weekend car shopping if they give me an answer I don't want to hear. The catch is that I got a very good deal at the time and doubt I'll get same again if I go elsewhere for same car.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I think you'll posibly get a better deal after this saterday with the new road tax, what you do want to be careful of is any deposits paid I'm just in the process of putting Audi Cheltenham in court due to them keeping my deposit

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thankfully no deposit paid yet although there is a clause re cancellation charges. Hopefully I won't need to worry about it.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Just been in listers evesham, asked what was the tiggy situation and I could of had any of about 6 in stock various spec and more coming next week so don't know what your garage is playing at?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Miket said:
Just been in listers evesham, asked what was the tiggy situation and I could of had any of about 6 in stock various spec and more coming next week so don't know what your garage is playing at?
Are you buying Mike? I had the impression you already had yours, or are you still waiting?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yes I picked mine up on the 10th oct, just popped in the garage on the way past to see if they had the golf 7.5 gti in yet for the brother in law to see! But I pop in every now and again just so they can treat me as royalty

·
Registered
9 Posts
I thought I had it bad until I came on this forum. No way I could be waiting as long as some of you have although I am not well known for my patience :lol: .Ordered first week of Dec and the app told me on Wednesday this week it had arrived in the UK. I weren't expecting it until end of April so it should be at least 2 weeks ahead of schedule. Mine is on lease and the broker provided a order number to track it once I asked. Think mine is through Cheltenham VW (via a broker).

·
Registered
485 Posts
Miket said:
Yes I picked mine up on the 10th oct, just popped in the garage on the way past to see if they had the golf 7.5 gti in yet for the brother in law to see! But I pop in every now and again just so they can treat me as royalty
Royalty? My dealer can't even be bothered to return my calls. :evil:

I think that Golf might be a bit of a head turner :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
10 weeks from order to delivery ordered end oct picked up middle jan just as the dealer said 10-12 weeks , no lease

some lease companies tell porkys and so do some dealerships , there is no way i would wait that long for a VW

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So, latest update today is I now have an UNCONFIRMED build week of week 21. Will be lucky to see the car by mid-June. Currently waiting on them confirming an order number to me so I can track online myself (and to see they actually have ordered it!). Royally cheesed off now. That will be roughly a total waiting time of 38 weeks - IF it comes mid-June.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Pumpbhoy said:
So, latest update today is I now have an UNCONFIRMED build week of week 21. Will be lucky to see the car by mid-June. Currently waiting on them confirming an order number to me so I can track online myself (and to see they actually have ordered it!). Royally cheesed off now. That will be roughly a total waiting time of 38 weeks - IF it comes mid-June.
I got mine 20th of March.

What lease company are you using Pumpbhoy?

cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Vertu. And if they weren't giving me such a good price I'd be cancelling and looking for something else, but on reflection, prices elsewhere not even close so I'll hold on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pumpbhoy said:
Vertu. And if they weren't giving me such a good price I'd be cancelling and looking for something else, but on reflection, prices elsewhere not even close so I'll hold on.
Could I ask which Vertu dealer? I've just ordered from them, again as I got a very good deal. Should I be concerned?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts