Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had any experience of there radio not switching on .
My R line radio would not switch on meaning that you get no information going to the dash including satnav ,after about 10 minutes of holding the button down it fired up then the rear camera would not work this has happened on numerous occasions.
I had it at the dealers yesterday they say there is a fault but Vw have told them there is no fix for the problem at the moment you can understand I was bloody angry they have returned my car awaiting the problem to be fixed by Vw I'm in contact with the sales department as I'm thinking about giving it back
Has anybody else had this problem

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Negativepitch said:
How long have you had the car?
You're not thinking it's your old one are you Negativepitch :?: :?: :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ya , have the same problem . It started the day we collected the car 3 weeks ago . Its been back with the dealer almost full time since then . VW dont appear to have a clue how to fix it .

·
Registered
220 Posts
I had the same issue on my Golf Discover Pro system. VW did a software update. Generally all fine since, but on a couple of ocassions the screen has remained on a dull glow (no graphics) once switched off. Worried this could drain the battery if parked up for along time as you don't tend to notice it. However this could be a completely different issue.

·
Registered
835 Posts
lesvw123 said:
It's about 5 months old now
Reject the thing if they cant fix it...considering how long you would have to wait for another one and being without a car mind you.
I have all the letter templates if you need them :D

·
Registered
835 Posts
We had a funny one on ours where you would turn the radio/satnav on and it would turn itself off after around 10 seconds or so, and then when we re-pressed the on/off button it would stay on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The dealership called me yesterday to reassure me that Vw are working on a fix they actually said that they had never had this problem I told home to bloody google it and he would see its a problem on golfs,Passats and the Tiguan .
The same as all dealers once sold could not give a shit about customers
My car has to go back in to have the front radar replaced when they can obtain one from Vw
Out of stock at the moment then I'll have the discussion about what they are going to do
About the radio

·
Registered
835 Posts
what does it come under in google, I'd be interested in reading up on some
How long have you had the car when it first started happening...was it from the start or a month or two into you owning the car.
Just a bit worried.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Negativepitch said:
what does it come under in google, I'd be interested in reading up on some
How long have you had the car when it first started happening...was it from the start or a month or two into you owning the car.
Just a bit worried.
EDIT: just googled the infotainment screen problems..now even more worried :(
if it happens to me and theres no fix they can have this one back as well.
When I did tell them about my dash screen going blank I think they thought I was on about the infotainment screen as the manager of sales said that it has happened on a good few other models.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have had the car since July it has just started with this problem
I just searched on google Vw Radio faults and it brings up forums and other I found a lot of Golfs and new Passats have the same problem.
I can't fault the car in any other way this is one awesome car a joy to drive .
it's just not good when you spend £33000 on a car that they don't know how to fix it

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mmm...all very interesting!

I will now try to see if the SE Nav has the same systems, a bit difficult as my car is elsewhere atm. Will I end up wishing I'd done without the Nav?

VW will have a bit of a glut of returned lease cars (like mine!), or a very substantail reduction in rental returns if this problem turns out to be widespread.

Not very impressive, especially after the long delivery times you R line folk have already endured.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
New update from the Vw dealership saying that Vw have said there is a fault and a update is coming shortly to rectify the problem 😂
I've had no reversing camera for 5 days it's just decided to start working today they say this will be fixed with the update😂
And to finish off it's taken two weeks for them to aquire a new badge which contains the radar for the front grill just shows they have no bloody spares in the country

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just started happening on my tig (owned the car 6 months). The AID says the infotainment system is turned off, but no luck turning it on. Happened yesterday morning, but worked again on the drive home. This afternoon, stopped off to get shopping, came back to car, and it's not working again. Also, after about 4-5 minutes of driving the traffic sign recognition dings as says it's not functioning.

My last car was a Golf Mark 7, and it had blank screen issues, but the radio did work, and it happened maybe three times in a year and didn't happen again after a software update at the first service.

Taking it in next week for a checkup.

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,581 Posts
Well, today after nearly 8 months of ownership, i went to see some relatives today, and about 200 yards before I got there my Infotainment system turned itself off! :(
I tried to turn it back on..........nothing!, so I left it till I'd parked up and switched off. Turned the ignition back on again and it worked!
On returning to the car after the visit, switched on the ignition, and the radio was working, but no display! Pushed the infotainment on/off button and the display came back on, and was fine all journey home.

Methinks I'll keep an eye on this now, and if it happens again, I can see a trip to the dealer looming ;)

Steve

·
Registered
220 Posts
The exact thing happened with my Golf recently. VW did a software update and all has been fine since.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well, just to throw my 2p 's worth into the ring.....
My Discover Pro won't save the Station Logo's each time.
I load them in via an SD card, but next time I start the car, they are no longer there.

Whilst most stations are in the database already, there are some newer stations which are not.
Plus, I want to replace the logo's with hi-res versions.

This also happened on the standard Discover unit on the Mk7 Golf I had recently (2017 build)

Any thoughts ? I've already factory reset the unit a couple of times without any effect.

(btw.... sorry to hijack the thread :) )

G

·
Sometimes these kind of faults are cured by disconnecting the battery, wait 5 mins, and reconnect. Bit like rebooting a PC. Worth a try?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts