Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a quick way to mute the radio but can't find one. It would appear that the only options to zero the radio volume is by turning the rotary control, or press the minus button on the multifunction steering wheel. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
When I had my Golf, it had the same steering wheel controls as the Tiguan, and if you'd not paid for Voice Control then the button shown below would just mute the radio etc.
It now seems that you can add Voice Control by buying an activation code, and pushing this button on the Tig's steering wheel doesn't mute any more, but just brings up an activation note on the info system. Shame, as it was quite useful. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
627 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread, but did anyone ever find a quick mute button at all - other than turning off the infotainment. Must admit it surprises me that there isn't one.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes, it was useful when a traffic info butt's in from a station that's not in your area. You just push the button ( not taking eyes off the road or hands off the wheel) and it maintains your previous sound level settings for listening and traffic prog volumes. Mmmmm! If I can't get on with voice, which I have specified in my build, I might ask for it to be taken off. Sounds easy enough, just ask the dealer to pump in a code and bite your bottom lip about the cost.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Mine has a MUTE button on the up right corner of the Radio which works ok (photo attached). However The function on the steering wheel in not working as it says that it needs an activation code

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Savvas said:
Mine has a MUTE button on the up right corner of the Radio which works ok (photo attached). However The function on the steering wheel in not working as it says that it needs an activation code
Mine has that as well. But i suspect the bigger nav unit doesn't have that button

·
Registered
627 Posts
cabby09 said:
Savvas said:
Mine has that as well. But i suspect the bigger nav unit doesn't have that button
that's correct - in the bigger Nav unit, that button is labelled "NAV" to get the navigation up.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Statto1927 said:
Nice clock!
You can set it in the settings to be on the screen when the unit is off and then you get a choice of 3/4 different designs.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ooh, I'll have a butchers. Knew a clock displayed when unit off, but didn't know you could change designs #simplethings 😄

·
Registered
627 Posts
Swipe left and right with the clock on screen - digital and 3 analog choices - not brilliant but a choice.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Ooh! I have to admit, after 9 months with my Tig I never knew there was more than one clock! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Steve

·
Registered
250 Posts
Got 'em! Find it tricky to swipe bwteeen them - seems a bit hit and miss, but nice to have different options, although tbh rarely have the infotainment system off.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sorry if this has been covered already more recently than the last post that I have found in this thread but.. I have 'voice' with the button that turns the lady on on my steering wheel and have been frustrated at not being able to use this to mute the traffic broadcasts like my on my previous VW . The cancel/deactivate window that pop up on the infotainment screen is sometimes tricky to handle in the wrong light and particularly if on the move. However, I have found if you press the rocker switch, arrow to the left or right it doesn't matter, just below 'the voice button' on the right of the steering wheel, the one that moves radio station selection or views in the dash, it does the trick and returns you to your normal listening.

p.s. Can you change the voice on the nav? This gal' is too posh for me !

·
Registered
627 Posts
You can get a male voice yes. I think I found it in the languages settings and then at top right it had drop down menu to choose male or female voice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yes just discovering that I cannot easily mute the radio without turning off the whole infotainment unit.

I have the discover nav with the voice so have the NAV button where the MUTE would be and the voice button on the steering wheel brings up voice.

Even when I ask the voice to mute the radio she said she was "not able to perform advanced media functions"

The only solution I have found so far is to press the MEDIA button and provided you have selected an unusable source you get silence.

Thinking of possibly manual tuning a station preset to silence and naming it "MUTE" but not sure if you can do that.

Anybody found any other ways?

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have the nav system and voice control. There is no way to mute the radio or anything else without doing it the hard way.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.