Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Have a 2014 2.0FSI with start/stop. Spent last week driving around on holiday with no issues, get home, and then the next day, the central locking isn't working. Figure it's the fob, but it turns out to be a completely flat battery. Couldn't jump it with a 12v jump pack, or even with another car (after following advice in the manual) but leaving it on charge overnight seems to have sorted it out. (Will wait and see if it goes again.)

I'm just a bit confused about what could have caused this... obviously thoughts would be alternator but seems unlikely... obviously could have just accidentally left the stereo on or similar... but another thought was maybe it was left unlocked and so the keyless entry spent all night trying to find the fob? But would this really totally flatten the battery in less than 24 hours?

Thanks.

·
Registered
953 Posts
The radio times out after a very short time and when I put my car in the garage I never lock it and sometimes over 2 or 3 days

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you know someone with a VAG COM VCDS you should be able to locate the fault (if there is one). I have had a similar experience with a couple of VAG cars and each time my son's VCDS found the error code and identified the faults: the radio switching itself on when the ignition was off (VW Touran) and a short from the alarm siren (Skoda Yeti). Worth a try.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Surely it only looks for the fob when doing an action that would normally need the key. E.g. Opening, starting and not just because you parked and left it unlocked.

Also doesn't the car auto lock after a short time leaving it?

Do you have the 240v charger in the boot and left anything plugged in to it - i.e. mini fridge as you were on holiday? (As doesn't it stay live).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hey Weird

You have noted that this forum is for Mk2s (2016 onwards) haven't you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for the suggestions... think I discovered the issue... lights are usually on auto, but they were on sidelights. Kids were clambering all over it when we were waiting for the ferry so I'm guessing that's what did it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Breezer said:
Hey Weird

You have noted that this forum is for Mk2s (2016 onwards) haven't you?
Apologies, I figured that meant facelift onwards. I'll fek off then :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts