Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I can highly recommend the black smooth plastic Rearguard. Had it on for a couple of months now and resisting the scratches really well. :)

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
i spoke to vw parts and they said the stainless steel one for the toureg or golf mk7 may fit the tiguan so i am going for that i have seen it on a toureg and it looks really good

·
Registered
463 Posts
Essjay said:
I can highly recommend the black smooth plastic Rearguard. Had it on for a couple of months now and resisting the scratches really well. :)

Steve
I have the same but Carbon look one and very pleased.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi tonymar,

Would be interested to see a photo of the result - as planning similar - rearguard looks good - but getting a white r line - so more inclined for the stainless.

·
Registered
123 Posts
JonP said:
Hi tonymar,

Would be interested to see a photo of the result - as planning similar - rearguard looks good - but getting a white r line - so more inclined for the stainless.
yeah i agree i seen it on a white toureg there are also pictures on the net the stainless goes well with white , i am due to pick my car up the week after next so hopefully post some pics then . the vw parts guy at the dealership recommended it to me after me saying i was not interested in the transparent strip that comes as part of the pet package and said he had already fitted it to another new tiguan for another customer

·
Registered
202 Posts
What did it cost??

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Rallyan69 said:
Nice :cool: justed order one also :D

Essjay said:

Steve
One thing you MUST do is follow the instructions to the letter. The 3M tape that's used is extremely strong and the merest touch and it will stick. You've got one chance 'cos once stuck it 'aint coming off. ;)

Steve

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not a problem use 3m tape in work so I know what you mean :shock:

Essjay said:
Rallyan69 said:
Nice :cool: justed order one also :D

Essjay said:

Steve
One thing you MUST do is follow the instructions to the letter. The 3M tape that's used is extremely strong and the merest touch and it will stick. You've got one chance 'cos once stuck it 'aint coming off. ;)

Steve

·
Registered
123 Posts
JonP said:
What did it cost??
he did tell me but cant remember off hand exacly , will let you know when i go in and order it prior to pick up

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
JonP said:
dear tony, steve,

was just browsing the internet this morning and found this....thought you might be interested

Jon

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stainless-Steel-Boot-Edge-Protector-for-VW-Tiguan-II-ab-Built-01-2016-/122299093692?hash=item1c799812bc:g:C4sAAOSwej1YXjKy
Jon, that looks really nice, and very good value. I notice it's from Germany. Not sure it would suit all colours though. I reckon the black looks better on the Carribean Blue with the black trim, but it really looks the part with the white paint.

Steve

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi all,

Just to add an alternative I got a 3M transparent guard film fitted for £35 at Invisible Patterns, Golbourne

I tried a picture but you cannot see it :D

Cheers

Earl

·
Registered
123 Posts
Pick my Tiguan up tomorrow with VW stainless steel bumper plate fitted , hopefully post some pics in the next couple of days but looks very similar to the one on the link

·
Registered
15 Posts
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive tire Trunk

This is the protection I got from the Icelandic agent, Hekla. I had expected a plastic film but this is much better. Better looking, too.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 55 Posts