Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've a R-Line on order which will not be be arriving until July and I'm expecting a new family member around that time as well.
To ensure that the little one will be able to enjoying the car as much as I do, I'm currently researching on rear facing child seat.

I'm still in the process of researching but leaning towards Recaro Zero.1, it appears that the seat could take up a lot of room especially in the rear facing mode. Does anyone of you here happen to be using the same seat? How well do they fit in the Tiguan? Is the front passenger seat still useable with the car seat installed?

Please share with me your thoughts and recommendation, of course, any picture will be mostly welcomed.

Cheers and thanks~!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hi mrleng,

I have the Joules be safe car seat for my little girl who is 11 months old. I don't know of the Recaro zero 1 but the joules does take up a bit of room rear facing. The Tiguan passenger seat still has loads of room with a car seat behind it. I had the seat in an A5 coupe for six months while waiting for our Tiguan to arrive and that was a tight fit for everyone traveling! I try and post a photo tomorrow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We put our Nuna Rebl plus which is a fairly bulky seat into our recently purchased SEL. This is a I-size seat which can last until my son is 4 years old (rear facing with the ability to switch to front facing) and the difference between our previous 5 door Mini is night and day. Not had issues as such with passenger legroom - plenty of space to spare!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ed1 and RichM for your feedback, definitely feel more relieved after seeing both of your comment. If you could help to post a picture on the setup and showing amount of space left between the front seats that will be great.
Thanks in advance!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts