Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what the problem is but can't seem to switch off the rear reading lights. Have tried with buttons pressed in and out but doesn't seem to make any difference. Might have to add it to the Bluetooth problem when it goes in to the dealers next week.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The lights should be off when the switches are in

Are they on because it thinks a door is open?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK. Looks like it might be a fault as no doors open and switches are in. Not a great start to my Tiguan ownership with the Bluetooth not working either.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a similar problem and found out that the problem could be found between the drivers seat and stearing wheel :)

The Tiguan being my first VW I had no idea that I could turn the rear reading lights on and off with a button in the console behind the rear view mirror. One day I had been going through my pre-driving check-up routine by randomly pressing different buttons...

But perhaps you knew that already....

·
Registered
953 Posts
johnh said:
Not sure what the problem is but can't seem to switch off the rear reading lights. Have tried with buttons pressed in and out but doesn't seem to make any difference. Might have to add it to the Bluetooth problem when it goes in to the dealers next week.
May sound silly but have you tried the buttons by the mirror, one of them does the rear reading lights

·
Registered
122 Posts
Oh yeah, there's a button on the by the rear view mirror that has a light symbol on it and the word REAR that also controls the rear lights

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Someone obviously pressed the button near the rear view mirror. Didnt even realise it wase there!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts