Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put my rear wiper on this morning only to discover the end of the wiper leaving an area unwiped.
On inspection I found that the end of the wiper appears to be missing a cover of some sort, which means the tip has no support. Unfortunately I dont seem to be able to find a picture of the wiper arm in the manual, so I don't know what it might look like.
I've put a picture of it here, and I'm wondering if some kind person could possibly post a picture of theirs so that I can tell whats missing, and also how it fits.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Steve
Sorry can't upload picture at moment, but your rear wiper appears to be intact.
The difference would appear to be that your support arm has a couple of kinks in it.
Has someone been playing silly buggxxs?
Cheers
Roy

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roy, the bit with the kinks in it seems to be soft plastic, and it looks like something clips over it. In it's present state it has no support at all.
Unfortunately I can't get to the dealer till Monday, so we'll see what they say!

Steve

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Steve
Take your point but unless mine is also missing you haven't lost anything.
Just looks as if it's been bent and has lost its tension?
Roy

·
Registered
339 Posts
Looks as if the integrated stainless steel blade support is missing :?: it's not possible for it to fall off but more that it has to be physically removed from the blade, a process which renders the blade unusable.

I'm guessing someone has swapped your relatively new one for their worn broken one :?: :eek:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Essjay said:
Put my rear wiper on this morning only to discover the end of the wiper leaving an area unwiped.
On inspection I found that the end of the wiper appears to be missing a cover of some sort, which means the tip has no support. Unfortunately I dont seem to be able to find a picture of the wiper arm in the manual, so I don't know what it might look like.
I've put a picture of it here, and I'm wondering if some kind person could possibly post a picture of theirs so that I can tell whats missing, and also how it fits.

Steve
Sky Hood Window Automotive tire Bumper

Any good Essjay......sorry for Quality I was getting wet

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Stumpy, that certainly looks like mine, but it looks like theres a steel 'stiffener' on top that mine is missing. I'll have to check mine again and see if its not just somehow got bent out of shape.

Steve

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Essjay said:
Thanks Stumpy, that certainly looks like mine, but it looks like theres a steel 'stiffener' on top that mine is missing. I'll have to check mine again and see if its not just somehow got bent out of shape.

Steve
You haven't been through a car wash have you :?: :?: ...... :idea: :arrow: as it looks like it has been twisted.

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Panic over chaps, seems I might have been a tad over enthusiastic cleaning the wiper arm when I washed the car yesterday :oops:
It would appear that there are two spring steel bars either side of the rubber wiper that sit in grooves along it's length, and they had popped out of the grooves, thus twisting the wiper.
Simple enough job to slip them back in the grooves, and "Robert is your Aunties old man" :lol:
One thing became apparent, and that's how easy it is to remove the wiper arm ;)

Note to self, be a bit more careful with those JCB shovels (hands) next time :lol: :lol:

Steve

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Essjay said:
Panic over chaps, seems I might have been a tad over enthusiastic cleaning the wiper arm when I washed the car yesterday :oops:
It would appear that there are two spring steel bars either side of the rubber wiper that sit in grooves along it's length, and they had popped out of the grooves, thus twisting the wiper.
Simple enough job to slip them back in the grooves, and "Robert is your Aunties old man" :lol:
One thing became apparent, and that's how easy it is to remove the wiper arm ;)

Note to self, be a bit more careful with those JCB shovels (hands) next time :lol: :lol:

Steve
Glad you're sorted Steve.... :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts