Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have any clue WHY the new Tiguan can't start the heater etc remotely via a mobile app just like the new Kodiaq?
I´m very disappointed, almost on the edge of cancelling my order...
The Kodiaq got vented seats aswell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
I guess you are referring to a programmable fuel burning heater?.......unfortunately this is not an option on Tiguan and is normally the preserve of large capacity premium cars in the U.K. like Range Rover, BMW X5 etc.
It is a popular option or standard equipment in colder climates like the Nordics but is not considered necessary in the U.K.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GTD184 said:
I guess you are referring to a programmable fuel burning heater?.......unfortunately this is not an option on Tiguan and is normally the preserve of large capacity premium cars in the U.K. like Range Rover, BMW X5 etc.
It is a popular option or standard equipment in colder climates like the Nordics but is not considered necessary in the U.K.
Nono, I have orderd it with a remote heater, but I cannot access it via an app in the mobile, you get it?
It's just from a little extra "key" in the key ring, it is also programmable from inside of the car.

This is standard here in sweden, provided that you order it ofc.
But to be able to start the heater from your mobile just recently became available, not counting in VOC(Volvo On Call) that have had this functionality for years!

Like this, http://www.volvocars.com/uk/about/our-innovations/connected-car/volvo-on-call

Or like tis, http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/models/kodiaq/connectivity/#SliderModuleWebPart
goto Care Connect - remote access

That is what im after and its offerd for the Kodiaq as I just mentioned, but not for the Tiguan, very strange...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,542 Posts
The problem here is that there was no way for us to tell you were in Sweden, so GTD 184 automatically assumed you were in the UK. You can set your location in your profile which would avoid you getting incorrect advice.
I suggest you take your car to your dealer and get it checked by them.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Essjay said:
The problem here is that there was no way for us to tell you were in Sweden, so GTD 184 automatically assumed you were in the UK. You can set your location in your profile which would avoid you getting incorrect advice.
I suggest you take your car to your dealer and get it checked by them.

Steve
Thank you.

But regardless of location why isn't this function offered for the Tiguan?
I mean the Kodiaq is "less" premium.

But in fact it now has more premium functions like ventilated seats, the fuel burning heater can be controlled via a mobile app as supposed to the Tiguans "remote".

Volkswagen have an E-Remote that lets to control functions like temperature but its only offered for the "E" models, like Golf-E etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
GTD184 said:
I guess you are referring to a programmable fuel burning heater?.......unfortunately this is not an option on Tiguan and is normally the preserve of large capacity premium cars in the U.K. like Range Rover, BMW X5 etc.
It is a popular option or standard equipment in colder climates like the Nordics but is not considered necessary in the U.K.
Cheers Steve for defending my genuine advice to the OP ;)

I can only agree with your advice to the OP that he vents his frustrations with the dealership where he purchased his Tiguan or contacts VW technical (Sweden) for further advice. :|
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
I've got a button to push on the dash to keep the car heated whilst I go shopping......brilliant piece of kit. Nice & warm when I get back in the car. Think it runs for approx 30 mins :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
stumpy said:
I've got a button to push on the dash to keep the car heated whilst I go shopping......brilliant piece of kit. Nice & warm when I get back in the car. Think it runs for approx 30 mins :p
Hi Stumpy I had the same feature on my Q7 which was described as 'residual heating' feature which in essence is the HVAC system recirculating and utilising the heated coolant from the engine to heat the car interior even when the engine is not running. It was a pleasant feature especially on the winter school run when I would be sitting idly in the car for 30 minutes waiting for my daughter to come out of school.

So glad the Tiguan has this feature! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
GTD184 said:
stumpy said:
I've got a button to push on the dash to keep the car heated whilst I go shopping......brilliant piece of kit. Nice & warm when I get back in the car. Think it runs for approx 30 mins :p
Hi Stumpy I had the same feature on my Q7 which was described as 'residual heating' feature which in essence is the HVAC system recirculating and utilising the heated coolant from the engine to heat the car interior even when the engine is not running. It was a pleasant feature especially on the winter school run when I would be sitting idly in the car for 30 minutes waiting for my daughter to come out of school.

So glad the Tiguan has this feature! :)
It is GTD184...thanks, that's the proper description 'residual heating' ;) (couldn't remember, it's an age thing :oops: :lol: ) First time I have had it in a car...absolutely 'Brill'.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Don't no if this may be of interest to you...but take a look at this site. danhag-shop.de. because they show an APP control for parking heater VW Tiguan mark 2. maybe you can buy one and have it fitted. No technical knowledge myself You would have to ask your dealer about it I expect.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tig16 said:
Don't no if this may be of interest to you...but take a look at this site. danhag-shop.de. because they show an APP control for parking heater VW Tiguan mark 2. maybe you can buy one and have it fitted. No technical knowledge myself You would have to ask your dealer about it I expect.
Good thinking!
I think there are Websto heaters in all VW and there are gsm transmitters on their webpage aswell :)
I'll ask my dealer if this could be fitted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Has anyone had any luck getting this sorted? Does the tiguan not allow remote engine start on dsg models?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Peja said:
Viper88 said:
Has anyone had any luck getting this sorted? Does the tiguan not allow remote engine start on dsg models?
In Sweden we have this new remote called "dfreeeze" for fuel burning heater who was added some weeks ago for new orders. I ordered mine on november 25 but the dealer fixed it so it will include on my tig r-line tdi 190.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dfreeeze/id733743690?mt=8
http://www.vwskiteam.se/
Hi Peja, did you get it for free or did your dealer add it to the agreement? :)
Its an optional extra of arounds 700 Euros.

My sales person says it can be retrofitted at any time, so I could get it as well(ordered week 25 2016) and my car is supposed to be built next week, I hope or if it's getting delayed since its an R-Line.
However, this function is going to be available through Car Net on cars built after week 20/22 2017.

I'm not sure if I'm willing to spend another 700 Euros just for this, but since I'm a tech nerd, who knows :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Yes I did get it for free, just had to remind him as soon as I saw it on VW site. Wow from week 25, thats a lot of waiting. I told the dealer if the car doesn't arrive before summer he may well cancel the order, he said no he wants to keep it since they don't get any "demo/showroom orders". :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Peja said:
Yes I did get it for free, just had to remind him as soon as I saw it on VW site. Wow from week 25, thats a lot of waiting. I told the dealer if the car doesn't arrive before summer he may well cancel the order, he said no he wants to keep it since they don't get any "demo/showroom orders". :D
So you can get it for free hu, I want that as well :(
What discounts did you get on your car?
I have 7.8% on the total amount, seems a bit low.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
It's for free now since it's included with parking heater if you make an order now and since my car is still in order he could remove then add the remote parking heater. I hope it will be included, his words though, nothing on paper. Well my total amount was 441.300kr and that without later including dfreeeze and since I will pay 399.500kr I guess its some 9,4%.

7,8% may seem a bit low for a new car that you have to wait 7+ months, that's about what Volvo offered for their XC60 D4 summum, however their campaign included also AWD/Aut and winter tires.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
stumpy said:
I've got a button to push on the dash to keep the car heated whilst I go shopping......brilliant piece of kit. Nice & warm when I get back in the car. Think it runs for approx 30 mins :p
Purely out of interest, which button is this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,542 Posts
JonP said:
Purely out of interest, which button is this?
Jon, it's the button marked here. It's actually labelled 'Rest', although the one in this picture is actually showing the Auxilliary Heater, which we don't get in the uk.

Steve
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Thanks Steve 'Essjay'
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top