Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is mentioned in the manual, but worth highlighting...

The slightest wiggle of the steering wheel when the engine is stopped will restart the engine.

If you don't want that brief delay when pulling away, get into the habit of applying a small pressure to the steering wheel just before you need to move.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Breezer said:

The slightest wiggle of the steering wheel when the engine is stopped will restart the engine.

If you don't want that brief delay when pulling away, get into the habit of applying a small pressure to the steering wheel just before you need to move.
Or for no delay, turn off the Stop/Start :lol:

I've never had a car with this feature, so it will be interesting to see what it's like tbh

·
Registered
627 Posts
That's good to know Breezer - thanks.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Stop/Start, Spawn of the devil. :(

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Another clever feature I didn't have on my other make of car fitted with stop/start is the car restarting in a queue of traffic if the car in front moves off. Guess it must be linked to the cruise control radar.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Can it be turned off permanently? As the car I test drove at the dealers didn't do it

·
Registered
390 Posts
I find the auto restart triggered by the Radar quite annoying.

I'm having a nice kip :lol: in the "fast lane" of the M(insert any motorway number of your choice) having been stationary for the last 15 minutes :( - the car fires up and wakes me up :!:

What is worse you only move 20 yards then stop :(

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Earl

·
Registered
463 Posts
chris w said:
Can it be turned off permanently? As the car I test drove at the dealers didn't do it
I've read it is possible to do it with Rosstech VCDS. Not had the courage to try it with mine. :roll:

·
Registered
446 Posts
It's likely possible through vids but won't be a visible option but through entering factory codes I suspect.

Stop start gets ditched off every time in the a6, unless I forget and it stops to remind me 😂

For me it's potentially dangerous as it can cut out just as you want to set off at a roundabout. Even doing a quick reverse manoeuvre onto a driveway on a main Road; pull up and as you select reverse its cut out!!! Not to mention ruins refinement.

·
Registered
446 Posts
It's likely possible through vcds but won't be a visible option but through entering factory codes I suspect.

Stop start gets switched off every time in the a6, unless I forget and it stops to remind me 😂

For me it's potentially dangerous as it can cut out just as you want to set off at a roundabout. Even doing a quick reverse manoeuvre onto a driveway on a main Road; pull up and as you select reverse its cut out!!! Not to mention ruins refinement.

·
Registered
122 Posts
There's basically no lag when you touch the accelerator with even slight pressure. Having the car start again if the car in front moves off is really good if you're daydreaming and not paying attention like you should... not that I ever do that... ahem

·
Registered
123 Posts
Breezer said:

Great bit of advice will give it a try because after 5 months the stop start is really starting to annoy me especially at traffic lights when you are in the 2nd lane i am on the verge of turning it off completely

1 - 12 of 12 Posts