Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyboby had anything retro fitted. If so what? And if you dont mind how much did it cost?
The reason i ask is my car is built but not received yet and id like the 2 usbs, the sim card security option and potential rline heated steering wheel. TIA

Registered
Hi Viper88

I plan on getting a few things done, including heated steering wheel.

I'll post when I get each bit fitted.

If you've had anything done, I would be keen to hear your thoughts.

Cheers

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you dont mind me asking how much is that costing? Are you fitting it yourself? We should keep in touch. Ive bought a few little extras like HEKO wind deflectors, bumper strip, sill protectors and DSG paddles.
Il be posting pictures when the car arrives in April.
Longer term il be looking at a webasto aux heater.

Registered
Picking up my tiggy hopefully on Wednesday this week. I'll ask the dealers about costs and availability.

My google searches have been pretty useless so far. Most relate to MK1 with no mention of compatibility with MK2.

But yeah, we should keep in touch for best deals and inspiration viper! 馃憣馃槃

Registered
Getting the adjustable boot floor fitted on mine in about 2 weeks. The parts come in around 650 pounds without labor.

Will post once that is done.

Registered
TraustiB said:
Getting the adjustable boot floor fitted on mine in about 2 weeks. The parts come in around 650 pounds without labor.

Hello TraustiB, I have my car on order and the variable boot floor is not available in the Hong Kong market. As this is one thing that is one of my top priority for retrofitting, would you able to share with me the list of parts needed for this? Thanks in advance!

Registered
mrleng said:
TraustiB said:

Hello TraustiB, I have my car on order and the variable boot floor is not available in the Hong Kong market. As this is one thing that is one of my top priority for retrofitting, would you able to share with me the list of parts needed for this? Thanks in advance!
I'll find the invoice that I accepted today and post it here. Don't know if it will help but it at least lists the items ordered for the retrofit.

Registered
TraustiB said:
mrleng said:
TraustiB said:

I'll find the invoice that I accepted today and post it here. Don't know if it will help but it at least lists the items ordered for the retrofit.
Thanks TraustiB, I believe that it will be at least a good base to start what are the major component which are the parts required to start the project. I have heard that the there are quite a lot of parts required as the boot lining on of left and right side also needs to be replaced. Will be be doing the project by yourself? Will you be able take some before / after photos along with some instruction? I know it's a lot to ask but I am sure it will be helpful to others who are in the same boat as me and you. Thanks!

Registered

This is the invoice I recieved. Doesn't say much if anything about what the stuff really is but I imagine they would need the bracket/rails for the adjustable boot floor itself and some sort of mounting system for the rails. Then of course the "platform" as it's called on the invoice is the most expensive part.

I will get this done at the dealer. Told me it would be about 2 hours of work. I will try to remember to take some pictures of before and after.

Registered
TraustiB, thanks for posting it up, thought that the invoice from your dealer could be more informational than a few general item description. Anyhow, as long as they are willing to have it fitted for you, I'm am happy for you and myself that the job is doable in around 2 hours, that's something important to know too!

Thanks again!

Registered
mrleng said:
TraustiB, thanks for posting it up, thought that the invoice from your dealer could be more informational than a few general item description. Anyhow, as long as they are willing to have it fitted for you, I'm am happy for you and myself that the job is doable in around 2 hours, that's something important to know too!

Thanks again!
Yeah, the invoice is quite bare at the moment. I imagine they can't be more specific at this time, as it has to be ordered from Germany and shipped to Iceland. I will request a more detailed invoice when the job is complete. I will also update with total time needed to fit and how it looked before and after.

Registered
TraustiB said:
mrleng said:

Thanks again!
Yeah, the invoice is quite bare at the moment. I imagine they can't be more specific at this time, as it has to be ordered from Germany and shipped to Iceland. I will request a more detailed invoice when the job is complete. I will also update with total time needed to fit and how it looked before and after.
Thanks a lot TraustiB, I am also in talk with my dealer and there is a chance that they could do a custom order with Dynaudio for me so that might help to resolver the boot floor issue. We'll see how it goes.

Registered
mrleng said:
TraustiB said:
mrleng said:

Thanks again!
Thanks a lot TraustiB, I am also in talk with my dealer and there is a chance that they could do a custom order with Dynaudio for me so that might help to resolver the boot floor issue. We'll see how it goes.
After several back and forth communication with my sales person, I've decided to change the order to include the dynaudio option which will also resolve the variable boot issue for 12-15k HKD, considering that retrofitting the boot floor itself cost around 800GBP, I consider the dynaudio as a very great deal to get me everything I wanted.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.