Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I want a towbar fitted and looked under the rear of the car. Was surprised to see under the car a massive hole cut out in the bumper or 500mm x 130mm (18 inches x 5 for imperial people).
Its not visible at all and assume its normal, I wondered whether there should have been a cover???
More importantly a VW towbar would cost £725 but a local firm who say they do main dealer Audis, Mercs etc will do a Witter one for £310 incl vat.
Thats with an aftermarket wiring module but guarantee it won't affect the warranty, cambus etc. and all I would lose would be the automatic parking sensor cut off.
Does that sound sensible??
Thanks Chris

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Chris
Before my tow bar was fitted my bumper also had a big cut out.

Once fitted the detachable swan neck tow ball is attached through the cut out to the tow bar frame attachment point.

The wiring on mine is a Tiguan dedicated plug in harness allowing the safety features inc trailer stability and reverse sensor cut off. The only feature not provided is the the alarm operation when the trailer is detached when the vehicle is locked and alarmed.

VW dealer told me that warranty is not affected, provided any failure has not been caused by the tow bar installation, which may be open to interpretation.

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts