Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The SE Nav is built with one reversing light but the light cluster is symmetrical allowing for one each side. Has anyone investigated if the wiring is already there for a second bulb? I had a Passat a few years ago with a similar build issue and found that I just had to install the bulb.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
This is to allow for it being on nearside for LHD and RHD countries. As you say, don't know why they don't have 2 you need to see both sides when reversing (unless someone thinks they could be mistaken for front lights whilst you are reversing...)

·
Registered
953 Posts
In most cases if the item is not there then neither is the wiring? It's VWs way of saving money but they will tell you weight saving
You may need diagnostics setting also as the controller may see extra power as a fault

·
Registered
220 Posts
Does the R-Line have 2 reversing lights?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I believe the R Line has twin reversing and rear fog lights. The immediate point is how to remove the light clusters from the tailgate to have a peek .

·
Registered
220 Posts
So pleased to hear the R-Line has x2 reversing lights. Where I live and work I often have to back up a long way on narrow pitch black country lanes - whilst I know reversing lights are not intended to illuminate the way, they help.

A reversing camera with good night vision is good also, but twin reversing lights do provide some light to help. Obviously the main intended purpose of twin reversing lights is no doubt to alert other road users that the car is reversing and having two means it can be seen even if an obstacle blocks one side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.