Also does the Tiguan mk1 fit as been looking on. eBay

Also after a ridged boot liner any recommendations
Big thanks in advance

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi dba,
Welcome to the forum.
Both topics were discussed. Use the search function please.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Dba said:
Just picked up my new Tiguan se diesel 150 :D

I need some roof bars but don't want to spend £170 from vw

Does anyone have the model no from vw

Also does the Tiguan mk1 fit as been looking on. eBay

Also after a ridged boot liner any recommendations
Big thanks in advance
Hi Dba,

The vw model number for roof bars specific for the Tiguan Mk2 is 5QF071151

Some good pictures and advice on boot liners on this thread http://www.tiguanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=607

·
Registered
610 Posts
It's always worth asking at the VW garage when are they going to finish with the demo pair, as they can be offered alot cheaper to you??

·
Registered
119 Posts
Bump - has anyone fitted roof bars to their Tiguan yet (daft question, course you have!)

After advise on most cost effective bars, only to be used a couple of times a year. The local VW garage have quoted me £160 for the genuine lockable ones which seems good value for 'branded' bars.

Anyone tried the e-bay cheapies?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I purchased the original VW ones and are very happy with them , excellent quality , the dealership offered me a discount because I bought the car there .

·
Registered
463 Posts
Pity the Q5 bars dont fit, or do they? Still got my unused ones in the case.

·
Registered
123 Posts
giger said:
tonymar said:
I purchased the original VW ones and are very happy with them , excellent quality , the dealership offered me a discount because I bought the car there .
Cheaper than £160?
Yeah £145.00 worth it though top quality

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
tonymar said:
giger said:
tonymar said:
Cheaper than £160?
Yeah £145.00 worth it though top quality
Wow ....good price Tonymar

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got the Thule Foot Kit 775, already had some square bars the right length 127cm. ( bars Kit no. 769)
The foot kit was £111 from Halfords, I needed it quickly. It includes, locks and bar end caps.

As always, feels very secure from Thule.
They call it rapid, not sure about that, but ok compared to many other racks I've had.

You can get the whole thing for £137.70
https://roofracks.co.uk/Thule-Fit-Guide/_-/?make=Volkswagen&model=Tiguan&type=5-door-SUV&rails=with-roof-rails&modelYear=2016-plus&id=110
Maybe even cheaper if you hunt around.
I haven't seen the VW ones so can't compare. Ours is a lease car and I cannot abide our local VW dealer!
Pic here of it fitted;

·
Registered
42 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
badgb21 said:
Thanks for the link above - after much research and deliberating I managed to pick up a used 775 footpack & 969 aero bars (both in as-new condition) from the above place for £130 (if they have them in stock they advertise them at the bottom of the above link), also ordered the Thule Pacific 200 roofbox. Quite pleased to have all Thule stuff, and hopefully the bars and box will fit any future vehicles that I have. They've set up all keys to match which is a bonus.

Thanks for the input all.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Bought the VW bars and box in the end. Did a bit if a deal and got the OEM sill guard foil as well. The more recent VW bars are a flatter profile and, as you would expect, fit the rails perfectly. Box isn't huge, 340 litre ISTR, but sufficient for our needs.

There is a little additional noise, nothing too distracting. With an empty box it's worse, once loaded significantly quieter.

The gloss finish painted boxes are something like £200 more expensive, only black or silver. Went for the std black finish, looks fine to me and will only be on the car when required.

Bars are quite high to clear the sunroof when open.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts