Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fairly new to my Tiguan and never had a Panoramic roof before. I find it really easy to forget it's open and lock the car. Does anyone else have this problem and do you have a technique to remind yourself? Such a shame it isn't incorporated in the convenience locking.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Carry a folder. When you get out of the car put it on top whilst you then lock the car. When you then go to pick up the folder: if it's there the roof is shut, if it's not there then you'll find it in the car and need to shut the roof.

Sorry to jest but just sharing an experience of an old boss that put his briefcase on top of his car and then thought someone had nicked it. It was back in the car as he had forgot to shut the sunroof. :) :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,581 Posts
I find it quite easy because I rarely, if ever, open it. I find it very handy for the extra light in the car, but with the air-con I see no need to open it. ;)

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice one Andy, but I would leave the folder on the roof.

I agree Steve. I only really use it to let hot air out of the car! Too noisy when driving quickly but useful at lower speeds and the extra light is nice.

·
Registered
74 Posts
according to the manual it's supposed to close as part of the convenience closing with the windows........hold lock button on key fob down and they close.
my windows close but although it should the roof fails to... ongoing discussion with VW ..... perhaps a class action would wake them up.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Matchbox said:
Nice one Andy, but I would leave the folder on the roof.

I agree Steve. I only really use it to let hot air out of the car! Too noisy when driving quickly but useful at lower speeds and the extra light is nice.
Ok stand up before you get out, if you bump your head it's closed :roll:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Very easy done, I pressed the engine stop button the other day got out and wondered why I could not lock the car, ended up I hadn't pressed it hard enough and the engine was still running, embaresing

·
Registered
52 Posts
Alanbathurst, what can I do to give my support on the issue?
I find it infuriating when the manual says it should and in real life it doesn't.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Unfortunately the manual is generic across all models and gizmos

·
Registered
627 Posts
Alanbathurst - is there a setting amongst all the other settings that means you have to select that you want to include the sunroof in the auto key closing?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Another thought reading the book - does it only mean it will close from a tilted position with the key rather than a slid all the way back position?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts