Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my Tiguan since April 2015. Since day one had a problem with the electric Windows and a few other things.
Does any else have a problem with the electric Windows on the front going all the way down with a bang and closing with a bang.
This happens occasionally on mine. It has been into the dealership 4 times for this problem and I have been in touch with VW UK Cistomer service. Both are saying this is normal operation.
I am not convinced.
I am also having a problem with a load humming noise while driving and persistent sun roof rattle.

Does anyone on here have these similar problems?

My experience so far has put me off ever buying another VW.

Thanks for any help or advice you can give.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hi Andydb9,

This forum is for MK 2 VW Tiguan but I'm sure If anyone on the forum has experience with the MK 1 they will post a reply as people on the forum are very helpful.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I'd suggest you continue this post in www.mytiguan.com, this forum covers the original mk1 and the mk2. However, my 2015 mk1 I've never had banging from the windows. Is it reproducible enough to idea to give others an idea of what you're getting?

Don't understand the load humming noise reference, do you mean a humming noise when driving under load? Again on there a better description may help, and finally, yes several people have had problems with sunroof, I'm glad I haven't got one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi gents,

Thanks for the replys.

I though my Tig was a mk2 because the new one is the Mk3 and the one before the face lifted mk2 Tig was the mk1.

The electric window seems to forget its upper and lower limits hence it hits the stoppers at the bottom and the door frame at the top which makes a bang noise. This happens on the passenger side too. Doesn't do it all the time.

Also the humming noise I am not sure about, the dealership have gove. Me the following excuses 1st) it was something wrapped round the drive shaft, 2nd+3rd) replaced a wheel bearing and 4th) now the tyres are out of shape.
There is only me in the car so not fully loaded. If you drive on smooth Tarmac it is really load but on Tarmac with the little bricks in it the noise is hidden by tyre roar.

Sunroof rattle is a pain in the ass, won't be buying another car with this on it.

Infotainment system screen sticks on the climate control screen if you press auto or AC on the climatronic.

Can't wait to get rid of the car now.

This has been going on for 2 years.

Thanks for the link will try it.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Nope, all from 2008 to mid 2016 are mk1, the facelift was just cosmetic, technically the same car. The new model is the mk2 and significantly different. You really will get a lot more feedback and help on www.mytiguan.com you've a much broader base of your (and mine) version of the tig.

Reminds me of the Cortina back in the 70's. Ford always did mid life facelifts, and the mk3 (the coke bottle shape) both old and new everyone called the mk3. With the mk4 (the square box design) for some reason many people referred to the facelift as the mk5 even though it was grill and lights that changed. Maybe because it was the last Cortina.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts