Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've had my R Line for 2 months and love everything about it....except for the rusty brake discs which is both annoying to look at and slightly concerning.

I have read about this somewhere on this forum but can't remember where so if I could be directed that would be helpful.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did they do to resolve it??

Thanks

·
Registered
446 Posts
Assume you mean the non-swept area like the hub part? You can buy high temperature silver paint which helps prevent rust, just whip the wheel off cover up the caliper etc and paint the hub; any overspray on the swept area will get cleaned off in the first few brakes.. It's always going to happen to a high iron content disc though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where are you having your car washed?
A lot of car wash places use high acidity chemicals to clean the rims, which causes the rust on the brake discs and the hub as well.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I live in South Pembrokeshire and the air is heavy with sea salt and everything rusts - I've had a bit of wrought iron for 50 years which was fine until I moved to wales - I have never seen things rust as quick before!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I live in South Pembrokeshire and the air is heavy with sea salt and everything rusts - I've had a bit of wrought iron for 50 years which was fine until I moved to wales - I have never seen things rust as quick before!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts